Chapter 12: I'm gay. I think.

"We have Camila Cabello here in the studio today, Camila, hi, how are you?"

"Hi, I'm good, thanks for having me here." Camila positioned herself on her chair and nodded at Roger, who was watching behind a glass window.

"So, Camila, what have you been up to?"

"I've been quite busy actually. I had a concert last week and another fundraiser tomorrow, but I'm excited!" Camila replied enthusiastically.

"Your album is dropping this Friday, your first solo album! How do you feel about this?"

"Um, to be honest, it's a little bit frightening, because well this is another side of me that the fans have yet to see. I mean, I've been getting nothing but tremendous support from my fans but I just really want to give them the best album I can give."

"I'm sure they'll love it. All your singles debuted in number 1! Congratulations by the way."

"Thank you"

"Yeah so, as a fifth harmony fan myself, I have to ask. I think we're all wondering how different your album is from the others you were a part of ?"

Camila knew she'd bring up fifth harmony, it's inevitable. It's been a year for God's sake. The thing about it is that every time she discusses fifth harmony, there will be people who accuses her of using them for attention. It's not like it's polite for her to shut down every questions about them. But who was she kidding? The girls did that to her.

"I think you know, it's still mainly pop, but with some acoustics and ballads too. But lyric wise, it's very different and very personal. It's sort of like a musical diary of mine that I want to share with the world."

"And you didn't get to do that when you were in the band?"

"The girls are all very talented and we all had our own songs and our own styles. So we were asked to perform songs that we had no say in to be fair to all and I'm okay with that to a certain extent but I didn't want my artistry to be limited anymore. I had to leave to find my true style and improve. I've always encouraged the girls to do the same by combining our different styles but it never worked out. We didn't have any freedom on our work." Camila spoke honestly. She couldn't just perform other people's songs anymore. She begged their management to allow them to write even just one song together but they said no because it was too risky. So all of Camila's songs were kept in a hard drive, with no one to hear but herself and she couldn't take that anymore.

"Speaking of the girls, I assume you guys are in good terms now? You're are performing at the same event tomorrow so that's basically every harmonizers dream."

"Yeah of course. We were always in good terms." She lied. Roger and the girls' manager have agreed that it was best to leave out details about their relationship with each other.

"Does it bother you? Seeing them together on stage without you?" Ouch. Yes, it hurt so much.

"Um, no. I'm glad they're doing well. It's a bit weird but I'm really happy for them." Camila kept the answer short again.

Thankfully, the interviewer changed the topic and started discussing the actual music. They talked about the people working on her album and what she dreams to accomplish.

"Okay, what's your favorite out of the whole album?"

"Only told the moon."

"Why?"

"It's for a really special someone in my life so it means a lot to me and it's one of the first songs I wrote." Camila gave the interviewer a small smile, pleading her not to continue asking. The interviewer nodded and moved on with it.