Chapter 5: These are the lies

"Landon, stop looking at me like I'm some kind of psycho." Camila complained, looking out the window. As soon as he saw the distressed look on her face, he excused himself from Dinah and immediately requested that they went home.

"Alright, I got tired of looking at your ugly face anyways. You look prettier with a smile, Mila." He joked as he turned his steering wheel.

"I thought you were Camila's friend." Sofi suddenly spoke from behind. She looked back and saw a frown on Sofi's face. She folded her arms in front of her chest, glaring at Landon with total annoyance. Landon glanced at her through the rearview mirror and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"You talking to me, kid?"

"Yeah," She looked at Camila and softly said "I think you look pretty with or without a smile. You can't help how you're feeling and it's okay not to smile. You still look pretty, Kaki. Don't let Landon tell you differently. Landon is mean."

Camila's heart melted right there and she gave her the biggest smile she was capable of pulling. Camila wasn't sad. There was no reason to be sad, she was just distressed, confused, perplexed and lost. Why would Roger keep this information from her? He knows how uncomfortable she was around them, did he really think he could hide this information from her until the actual day?

"Sofi, your sister is gorgeous, I tell her that everday, I promise. I love her. I was just joking around." Landon defended, getting worried that the little girl who looked up to him now hates him.

"Calling someone ugly isn't a joke." Sofi spat back. Camila touched Landon's arm in reassurance and then explained to Sofi "It's an inside joke Sofi. He doesn't mean any of it, I promise. Landon is nice okay? He'll never hurt me, at least not intentionally."

"If he hurt you, will you tell me?" Camila chuckled at how protective she was being, and the thought of a ten year old kid beating someone up for her didn't sound too bad. Camila took out her pinky finger and Sofi quickly wrapped her pinky around mine.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! That's not necessary okay. I promise I'll never hurt your big sissy." Landon said.

"Promise?"
"Promise." They exchanged the same gesture and Landon continued driving, this time with a smile plastered on his face.

A comfortable silence passed us until Landon turned on the radio. Drake was playing and Camila couldn't help but move my head along to the music.

"Hey Mila?" Landon called out.

"Yea?"

"You were trying to set Dinah and I up weren't you, you cheeky bastard?" As soon as the words slipped out his mouth, I can't help but grin widely.

"She thinks you're cute so..."

"Well, I think she's beautiful, so that's nice. I'm sorry I tried to make it a hang out, I forgot you and the girls weren't exactly.. you know." He mumbled. Camila simply nodded, not wanting to discuss the topic further. Soon, the car came to a stop, they arrived at the Cabello's house. Camila's dad was waiting by the door and Sofi immediately ran towards him to pull him into a hug. Alejandro chuckled and opened the door wider for her to come in. She rushed up the stairs to her room.

Meanwhile, Camila stayed longer to give Landon a goodbye hug.

"Thanks for driving, I'll see you when?" She asked as she pulled out of the hug.