Chapter 8: Fifth Wheel

"You look nice." Camila complimented the nervous boy sitting in front of her. Landon kept on playing with his hair, wanting his date with Dinah to work. Because they've been texting and he thinks that she's a cool chick. However, if she in any way, hurts Camila, Landon won't hesitate leaving her. Not to be mean, but Camila was and will always be his number one priority. (After his family of course)

"You're okay with this right. It's not weird or anything?" Landon asked, knowing that after the incident, Camila hasn't brought up the girls even once.

"Nope, they're nice. I don't mind you dating any of my past members, they're cool. Except Lauren, I guess. Don't- date her." It sort of slipped Camila's lips. When she realized what she said, she quickly added: "Because you know, she has a girlfriend." Dammit Camila. Careful.

"Yeah, of course." Landon was quite upset that Camila wouldn't tell him about Camren. The truth is, Landon assured her plenty of times that she could absolutely tell him anything and he promised to accept her for who she was and what she has done. Perhaps she just wasn't ready and Landon respected that.

"Alright, let's go monkey. Get in the car, I'll drop you off in the venue and then pick Dinah up." Landon picked up his car keys and Camila followed behind. They got inside the car and headed towards the venue.

Camila turned on the radio and was entertained by what it had to say.

"Ex fifth harmony member, Camila Cabello..."

Camila cringed at the nickname. Ex fifth harmony member didn't feel right. She was just Camila Cabello.

"...was seen out on a date with her best friend's sister, model and actress, Alexis Robertson. What do you think of this Jackie? Do you really think she's gay?"

"I don't mind, really. I think they make such a hot couple. I'm 100% a Camren shipper but you know... anyone that makes her happy and inspires her to write songs will do it for me."

When Landon heard the word 'Camren', he quickly changed the channel, not wanting the girl to think about it.

"Sorry about the Instagram post by the way, meant it as a joke, didn't know they were going to take it this far." Landon apologized, seeing the daily trends of 'Camren is real' and 'Camlexa'.

"It's not your fault, it's no one's fault. I find it funny, to be honest." Camila shrugged it off although it did bother her a bit because Alexis was her friend and nothing else.

When they reached the venue, they exchanged goodbyes and Camila walked in the stadium, ready for her concert.

The security guards rushed her in backstage and she was greeted by Roger, who was on his phone. He put his finger up, asking Camila to wait. Once he hung up, he lead Camila to the stage.

"It's a really small concert so we're doing six songs, Love Incredible, Dancing on my own, My heart says stay, Always, Yellow and then these are the lies as the surprise. Just like we rehearsed."

Camila finished her last rehearsal and headed backstage. She made herself some tea and felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked back to see Dinah and Landon.

"What the heck? It's only..." she checked her watch "12? Why are you guys so early?" Camila couldn't help but panic because she really wanted the date to go well. And what was Landon thinking? Bringing her to the venue? However, the smirk on Landon's face and the smile on Dinah's made Camila calm down.

"We brought you lunch, you're welcome. We're quite full so we're spending the rest of the date with you." Landon said, handing Camila a bag of Chick-Fil-A.