Chapter 19: Endgame

A/N
Before you kill me... please read till the end :) Things will get better ;)
I love you lol

"So Camila... I hate to be that interviewer.. but are you sure that you and Alexis are just friends?" The interviewer insisted. Camila would've, no- should've just made it clear to everyone. Shout it out from the rooftop that her heart has always belonged to her past bandmate. But that was what she was going to do soon. When she was ready.

"I- yeah- we're good friends." Camila's cheeks blushed and she smiled widely at the interviewer. It seemed pretty funny to Camila.. how she was a musician yet such a good actress. That's the thing about the music industry that differs from the film industry, when you're in the film industry, you act in movies. When you're in the music industry, you act in real life.

"Because these pictures.." The interviewer took out some printed out photographs from inside her bag. "..say differently." She lifted up one of them for Camila to see. It was a picture of them both holding hands at the park, something that was quite usual for the two of them but of course, like they planned, the public saw something more from it. And even more convincingly... every time they spot the camera, they would let go of each other's hands, as if to hide their non-existent relationship.

"Friends hold hands." Camila countered, still smiling teasingly. Oh God, she can imagine the headlines.

"Do friends look at each other like this?" The interviewer then showed her a picture of Alexis and her. Alexis was intently staring at the brown-eyed girl's beautiful, soft lips. Alexis held her jaw in her palms, admiring her best friend and the adoration and love in her eyes were obvious. The whole world could see it. Except Camila of course... who assumed it was the same way Dinah looked at her.

"I mean.. yeah, I'm pretty hot so.." Camila joked, flipping her hair, making the interviewer laugh. They continued discussing relationships and her new album until her rumoured girlfriend walked in the room. Alexis brought take out for them to enjoy during the break but as soon as she walked in the interview room and saw that the interview was still ongoing, Camila gave her a sign telling her to leave. However, the interviewer saw her and motioned for her to come sit beside Camila on the sofa.

"Oh please, no.. I don't want to intrude." Alexis told but the interviewer, being the wonderful Camlexis shipper that she was, forced her to. Alexis carried her plastic full of Chinese takeout as she sat beside Camila.

"I'm just gonna say it, in case it's not obvious enough.. I'm such a Camlexis shipper." The interviewer fangirled.. making the two chuckle nervously. Both obviously thankful that their plan was working but also guilty for letting this happen.

"Uh.. thanks?" Alexis asked, unsure.

"So you guys are okay with all of your shippers shipping you guys around..?"

"It's not like we can just say, hey don't ship us, and then suddenly the whole world will stop. You know, like that will never happen, so telling them to stop won't really do anything. Ships are ships you know, believe it or not they have inspired others to find love. I think it's admirable how people find love even if it's not truly there. But.. it gets pretty annoying sometimes, especially when one of us involved actually has a significant other, then it's just rude. I don't think any of my ships so far have harmed me in any way so I really don't mind." Alexis answered truthfully and the interviewer nodded in understanding.

"Well for you Camila, I ask this because when you were in the band, your bandmate, Lauren.." Camila visibly tensed and Alexis had to put her arm softly on Camila's to calm her down.

"She didn't really like Camren, like at all. She would constantly deny it, block camren shippers on social media.. all that stuff. Even though there's other ships of her and the rest of the girls. Why do you think she reacted that way?" The truth was.. when Lauren and Camila broke things off, anything that has to do with Camila fucked Lauren up. Especially looking at all those cute edited pictures of them both, they hurt like a bitch. Those pictures were giving Lauren hope, telling her that they could happen but Lauren knew they couldn't. So Lauren hated it. And then of course, she tried moving on, got a girlfriend and all her fans still wanted her to be with Camila. It was like the fans were her heart, constantly telling her to wake the fuck up, for her to see what she was truly missing. But of course, like her heart, Lauren never did listen to her fans. And instead, she listened to her head instead, breaking both her heart and her fans.