Chapter 16: Two Girls in Love

As soon as the girls finished their show, Camila was there to greet them. Photographers were now backstage and Lauren knew they had to be careful with their moves. They politely approached Camila and indulged in small talk.

Lauren discreetly held Camila's hand but Camila quickly pulled away and Lauren's mood immediately turned downhill. She wanted to be mad but she then remembered Camila's situation. She wasn't ready and she shouldn't come out unless she wanted to. So Lauren grumpily folded her arms as Dinah hugged Camila.

After thanking Camila for her wishes, the girls posed for the cameras. Meanwhile, Camila left with Landon to find Alexis, who was waiting in her car. Alexis was on her phone and she was giggling at something whoever the person on the phone was saying. When she saw her brother and her crush, she ended the call politely.

"You killed it superstar." Alexis said, hugging the girl warmly. And of fucking course, that was when Lauren decided to leave the venue. She hadn't had her turn to hug the brown eyed girl and was quite jealous that Alexis and Camila can do that whenever and wherever. Right when Lauren was about to walk towards them, Mani stopped her and pointed to the flock of photographers hiding behind some bushes, taking pictures of Camila and Alexis.

From Lauren's perspective, Alexis was rubbing Camila's cheeks while smiling widely and Camila was smiling just as wide. Mani sensed Lauren's mood change and immediately held on Lauren's arm. However, Stephen didn't see anything wrong with letting them speak to Camila. In fact, it's quite good publicity. The Robertson twins were also popular and this will for sure be on the news.

"You guys go ahead and say bye. Just don't get too close." Stephen commented and the girls cheerfully walked towards them. Camila checked on Lauren, who was glaring at her, her face expressionless.

"What hotel are you guys staying in?" Camila asked.

"Four Seasons." Ally replied, smiling when she figured out why Camila would ask that.

"Okay.. I'll just go home for a while to grab some things and then I'll be there." Camila walked towards Lauren and took out her pinky, not caring about the photographers behind her. Lauren's face was still grim but Camila could see the corner of her lips rising a bit, forming a small smile. She laced her pinky around Camila's. She promised. Camila stared at her beautiful emerald eyes and would've stayed there till the end of time if it wasn't for the loud sound of engine interrupting their moment.

Alexis had started the engine to the car, ready to leave. She opened her car window and then whispered something at Landon's ears. Landon nodded and gave the girls a hug.

"You ready?" Landon asked Camila. Camila took a look at Lauren one more time, before waving the girls goodbye and entering the passenger's seat.

As soon as the car took off, Alexis couldn't hold back her thoughts anymore. She knew this was wrong but she had to warn the younger girl.

"So.. it's barely been a day and you guys are already acting all lovey dovey?" Alexis tone was harsh, it would be dumb not to sense that. Camila felt her heart stop for a second, confused on why her best friend was mad at her.

"Lexis..." Landon warned, kicking the back of Alexis' seat.

"I'm just saying.. I don't want you getting hurt again Camila. I want you guys together, I really do. I don't like her but I like happy you and you're clearly happy when you're with her. But don't you think you're rushing a bit? Doesn't it concern you at all that she just dumped Lucy, who might I add was her girlfriend of a year, like some fucking useless trash, aren't you afraid she'd do the same to you?" Alexis words pricked through Camila's heart like a thousand thorns. She was speaking sense, Lauren didn't even seem to mind that she broke someone's heart.