Chapter 3: Long Time No See

"Do I look pretty?" Sofi asked her sister as she stood in front of my mirror. She looked down at her white dress insecurely and looked back at her.

"Sofi, you look gorgeous, I promise." Camila gave her a huge smile as she side-hugged her. Since when do ten year old girls worry so much about looking pretty? Has it always been that way? Well not for Camila. When she was young, she just wore whatever her mom gave her.

There was a knock on the door which Sofi ran to open. She opened it and in came Landon, who was dressed up handsomely. His hair was neatly groomed and he wore a simple black suit. He knelt down to hug Sofi, who was smiling happily at him.

"Oy, hurry up Mila, the dinner is at eight. It's seven." He complained as he sat on the edge of Camila's bed.

"Shut up." Camila said as she checked her make up one last time. Her look was simple, just minimum make-up and a simple white dress that matches Sofi's. She grabbed a pair of black heels from her closet and quickly wore it.

"Let's go."

Camila sat behind with Sofi as Landon put in the address on the GPS. Sofi turned her phone on and I was surprised to see her wallpaper. It was a picture of Camila's new single cover. The reason for the surprise is that she used to set a selfie of Lauren, her and Camila as her wallpaper and it hasn't changed for three years. When her parents first got her young self a phone, she insisted on putting that picture up. She was seven. Now that she's ten, she notices how uncomfortable Camila gets when she sees the picture.

The thought of the green-eyed girl made Camila sick. How was she? How was the other girls? She had always wondered why she still cared, after all, they clearly didn't care about her. Lauren unfollowed her on Instagram right after she left, which confused and broke her before. She didn't know that Lauren couldn't take seeing another picture of Camila after she left. She missed the brown eyed girl's smile, her warmth and presence in the group. She just missed her. Occasionally, they would shade Camila and that's when Camila thought, she didn't need friends like that. If they weren't going to listen to her side of the story, then screw it. So every possible chance that they might cross path, she always made sure they didn't and she was sure they asked for the same thing.

Once they reached the gate, a security guy walked over to Landon's car and Landon opened the window.

"Name please?"

"Landon Robertson and Camila Cabello." The guard checked the people behind, which was Sofi and Camila and nodded.

"May I check the trunk, sir?"

"Yeah."

A couple minutes passed and the gate opened.

"Wow, their gate can open itself." Sofi said in utter admiration. She smiled at her. The house Camila bought for her mom was huge and elegant but clearly not as much as this.

Landon drove over somewhere and a guy walked in front to stop him.

"You can stop here, sir. We'll park your car, can I have your name please?" Landon nodded and left the car, quickly opening the door for Sofi and I. I mouthed a 'thank you' and Landon helped Sofi down, before helping me.

"Just go in, I'll see you there."

Camila watched as Landon talked to the boy. She grabbed Sofi's little hand and guided her towards the enter of the house. Jesus, even to reach the entrance was like running a marathon. She was clearly over-exaggerating but, seriously? Couldn't they stop them closer to the entrance? It was crowded, with multiple photographers greeting them. There was a red carpet laid on the floor and the huge doors were wide open, with two butlers holding a tray full of cups and a bottle of wine.