Chapter 3

*Eren's P.O.V.*

I stiffened at the sudden hug. How long has it been since I have had one. A long time. And the words he spoke to me, "I can't bring them back, but I can try and help you feel better" I lightly hugged him back, and buried my head in his shoulder.

"You really should try and go back to sleep now, we have training tomorrow." He softly whispered in my ear.

"But the nightmares.. I'm too scared."

"It is okay, they are not real. If anything happens to you in real life though, I promise I will save you."

I felt a small smile creep onto my face, but then it faded away. "Levi, do you pity me? You have always hated me.. I don't understand why you are helping me."

He pulled back from the hug. "I don't necessarily pity you, but I do feel kind of bad. I know everything that you have been through, and even on a person I hate I could never wish them on anybody. So, yes I feel bad, and yes, I don't necessary like you, but what you went through would have drivin anyone to suicide. But you have been able to manage it for so long, one more thing could push you over the edge, and our team can't loose you. You are pretty good when battling titans, maybe not the best, but you can definitely kill. Loosing you would be painful to watch. And besides, I have always heard about your wish to go outside of the walls, and adventure out the see the ocean and everything. If you die, you will let everyone down." He looked at me sympathetically.

"Thank you." I could feel my face heat up. Maybe this wasn't that bad of an idea...

"Now go back to bed Eren, I still have stuff to do." He said while standing up.

I nodded my head, also getting up. I opened his door, getting ready to leave.

"Oi, by the way, this never happened, you didn't come into my room, I wasn't nice to you. Got it, brat?"

"Yeah, nothing happened." I smiled at him.

~~~

The rest of the night I didn't have any nightmares. I actually slept pretty well, for the first time in, what feels like, forever. Though, I do admit, I wish he was still hugging me. For such a cold person, he had really warm hugs.