Chapter 43

I followed Erwin down to the celler. I was with Levi, why do I have to be locked down here? I just ignored it, and continued to follow him into the cell.

"I get that you were with Levi, but we did make a deal. We will get you in the morning."

He left right after locking the cell. At least I didn't have to wear the handcuffs. I layed down on the bed. It was cold, unlike Levi's warm one.

I wish I could just walk out and go back to him, but I know I couldn't do that. So I lay down, and wait until I fall alseep.

~~~
I jolted up from my bed, while breathing heavily. A nightmare. I knew I would get one.

I was shaking once again, but I had no one that I could go to this time. I was scared out of my wits from a nightmare that I forgot.

I layed back down and covered my crying face with my hands. I wish Levi was here. He would hold me and make me feel better, but no.

I thought of all the possibilities of what could have happened in that nightmare. Subconsciously though, I was only scaring myself even more.

Lots of time had passed, and I hadn't realized that it was now almost dawn. It didn't help that I hadn't gotten any sleep and I knew I would need to work today.

I could hear someone's footsteps approach, but I didn't bother to see who it was. Unless it is Levi, I don't care.

"Eren? Are you awake?"

That was definitely him, I could recognize his voice anywhere. I sat up in bed, and sure enough, he was there.

"Yeah, I am. I didn't sleep well though. I had a nightmare, and after I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm really tired."

"Come here."

I got out of the cold bed, and walked over to him.

"Yes?"

He reached his hand through the bars and grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry for not being able to help you."

"N-No, it's fine.

"Are you sure? You have big bags under your eyes, and tear stains on your face. How bad was your nightmare?"

"It kept me up, and I got almost no sleep, but I am fine now that you are here." I plastered a smile onto my face. It was true. All I wanted, was to have Levi here again to comfort me.

"Eren. You are never alone. If you ever get scared, just remember that I will always be with you. Forever."

"Forever?"

"Of course. I wouldn't want to leave any sooner."

~~~~~
"Forever." I whispered to myself. "Well, I guess we both thought that, but who knows. With life's crazy games, and all of us testing our own limits. Forever seems impossible. And it is." I let put a small sigh, and looked below me. "You promised me forever, and said you would always be with me, and I am assuming that you are listening to me speak somewhere."

I looked at the bright red roses in my hand, and slowly placed them on the grave below me. "They are your favorite. I got them for you."

I paused for a while, before starting to walk away from the grave. "Oh, and I forgot- Thank you for makeing me able to live on, and,-"

"I love you."