Chapter 21

I opened my eyes after the sudden wave of pain in my hand.
What? Where am I? This isn't the forest! This... looks like my room. I sat up, I was in my bed? No. My house was destroyed. What's happening?

"Eren, you are awake, I'm glad to see. You did get really hurt." I heard someone enter my room. Looking over I saw.. Mikasa? But she died!

"Mikasa, what happened? I don't remember a thing."

"You don't? Oh, well when we were walking around the town, You saw Armin getting beat up by those three jerks, you went to go save him, but they just attacked you. You eventually passed out, and that's when I found you, and brought you home."

"Hmm. Is mom still alive?"

She looked at me as if I have just asked the strangest thing. N-no, she died too. But so did Mikasa and Armin, and apparently they are alive. Maybe everything was just a dream. "W-what are you talking about? Yes, she is alive."

I got out of the bed I was in. I felt shorter. "Mikasa? How old am I?"
"You don't even remember your age? Okay, we need to get you to a doctor!"

"N-no, it's just, the dream I was in felt extremely real. That's all."

I walked out of the room, and into the kitchen, she can't be alive, she got eaten by a titan! I hesitantly looked up. S-She's here. I quickly ran and hugged her.

"Mom, you're alive!" She turned around.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be."

"O-Oh, never mind.. I'm just glad you are here. I thought you got eaten."

"Well, here I am. And, I thought you hated me."

"Not anymore."

She let out one of her small laughs, and bent down. "You know Eren, I have been thinking. If you want to join the scouts when you are older... you can. But just promise to be careful."

The scouts... that's where I met Levi.. "Okay. Thank you mom."

"And I also want you to know, it has been so nice to see you once again."

"Huh?"

"This isn't real Eren. Your dream was."

"Mom, what are you talking about."

"Haha, you are in heaven right now. When Mikasa and I died, it took us back to when we were the most happy, that is why you are here too."

"Did I die?"

"No, actually. You are in a place between life and death. But now, it is time for you to wake up."

"What? But I just woke up."

"Time goes faster in dreams."

"No! I don't want to wake up! Not yet!" I grabbed onto her dress tighter. "I'm sorry I was so rude to you! I wish I could have been a better son, I was awful. Please forgive me!"

"It's okay Eren. I forgive you." She ran her hand though my hair, before she started to fade away.

"Please come back."