Chapter 26

Today was a day that we didn't even go to traing. And why? Because Hanji was pronounced dead this morning, and the second female titan would we put up and questioned today.

We all got the message at breakfast, and after the news most people didn't even talk. Hanji was beloved by most people, even if she did get annoying, and since people are taking it so hard, Erwin just let us go for today.

Levi isn't taking it well. He has locked himself in his room, and didn't even let me in.

I gave up trying to enter Levi's room, and decided to just be by myself in my own.

About lunch time they would set her out in the court area, where I was about a year ago.

There was a knock at my door, and I unwillingly got up from my bed and answered it. Levi.

"Levi? I thou-"

"Follow me. We are going to the court area to question that girl."

"Okay."

I followed close behind him to where the girl would be questioned.

Everyone was already there, waiting for something to happen. I walked over and stood with Connie and Sasha.

The girl was sitting in the same spot I was when I first discovered my titan form. She had dark brown hair tied back into a braid that went to about her shoulder blades. Her bright green eyes were probably her most notable feature, considering they were really green. Black rimmed glasses framed her eyes, and she had quite pale skin, too. She sat there with a smug look on her face.

The room went quiet, and waited for it to start.

"So, as from my understanding you have the ability to change into a titan."

She laughed a bit. She wasn't even scared or confused? "Pretty noticeable, huh?" She stated sarcastically.

"How old are you, and what do you go by?"

"I don't see why you need to know my age and name." Damn. Some nerve. "But if you really want to know, I'm twenty-three, and my name is Alina."

Alina. That is the basterd that started all of this. She is the reason Hanji is dead. She is the reason Levi is missing part of his arm. That bitch will pay.

"Alina what?"

She started to laugh hysterically. What is wrong with her? Why is she laughing so hard at just a simple question?

"My last name you want? Well lets just say...there is.. a person here.. an-"

"Cut it out with the smart talk! What is your last name?"

She looked at the ground, and smerked once again. "Jaeger."