ONE

(F/N) was there when it all happened. One person ruined her life. She will always remember that person's face. She's meant to be angry at him, loathe him, and stop loving him, but she can't.

Instead, she felt grateful for him. Despite the fact that he lied, cheated, and ruined her life. She was gifted with someone else when he left her broken. A person who would change her life and give it new meaning.

It was a beginning for her.

She knew it was the beginning after her sad end when she heard her cry and held her in her arms. That day, she wept a tear of joy rather than grief.

— O N E —

"What should we buy, Keiko?" you wondered, one arm cradling your 6-month-old daughter and the other pushing the supermarket cart.

Your daughter just gurgled back, her eyes wandering aimlessly. It was odd of you to ask a baby, but you were glad to be able to go out with her today.

"Oi, Daichi, have you seen Hinata and Kageyama? They ran away somewhere," said a familiar voice from the other side of the aisle.

Wasn't that Suga-senpai's voice just a moment ago?  You pondered as you walked to the other side.

"No, I haven't; I thought you were doing well with them," a deeper voice said.

As you peered through the gap, a smile spread across your lips as you noticed two familiar individuals standing in the middle of the aisle.

"Suga-senpai! Daichi-senpai!" you said, waving your hand as you approached them.

The two young men whirled around in amazement to discover their kouhai, whom they had not seen since high school graduation.

"(F/N)?" Sugawara asked, earning you a smile.

"Oh! (F/N)!" Sawamura said, waving at you. When he observed the infant on your arm, his smile faded and turned confused.

"It's been a while, senpai!" you chirped.

"Yes, it has been. Who's this adorable baby with you today?" Sugawara finally noticed the baby in your arm, and he seemed to be fascinated about her, "Is this your niece?"

Your smile faded as you realized what you'd gotten yourself into. How can you forget that no one knows you have a daughter? You were overjoyed to meet familiar faces after being gone from the outside world for so long, but it appears that it distracted you from the reality you are currently facing. You've been keeping your situation from others for far too long.

"She's my—"

"Ah! There they are, Kageyama!" A voice interrupted you, and you turned to see another group of recognizable faces approaching your party.

You quickly recognized the boy with orange hair. Back when you were a freshman in high school, he was the second shortest member of the volleyball team you managed. He's roughly 170 cm (5'7 ft.) tall, the same as you.

"Oi, calm down, boke. It was your fault we lost them," another familiar face appeared through the entrance.

His scowl hasn't changed since then. You observed a difference in his height between before and today. Kageyama has always been taller than Hinata. He's probably about 185 cm tall and stands at 6'0 ft.

"Hinata, Kageyama, where have you been?" Sugawara wondered. He had both hands on his hips.

"I'm sorry, Suga-san, I just went to buy something for my sister," Hinata said, scratching the back of his head.