EIGHT

Summer break had arrived, but your club was still in session. You arrived first thing in the morning for a practice match against another university volleyball team. Shimizu arrived after you, but your club's members have yet to arrive.

You prepared towels, a sports bib, an entire container of ice cubes, and tea powder for their drink. You took all of the squeeze bottles inside the storage room and walked to the wash area to clean them. Meanwhile, Shimizu retrieved the chairs from beneath the gymnasium's stage.

As the players arrived one by one, the two of you were preoccupied with preparation. Hinata and Kageyama were the first to arrive and helped out around the gym before beginning their morning practice ahead of the match.

You returned to the gym with your hands full of freshly cleaned squeeze bottles. Someone grabbed the tray from your grasp. Kuroo is beaming at you as you turn around.

"Good morning!" Kuroo exclaimed.

You bowed, "Good morning, Kuroo-senpai."

"Good morning..." a sluggish voice from behind Kuroo said. Kenma entered the gym, his long black hair pulled into a short ponytail.

"Good morning, Kenma-kun!" you exclaimed with a smile.

Kuroo followed you into the gym and set the tray he was carrying on the bench. You thanked him for his assistance and went about your business. You begin pouring cold-brewed tea into their squeeze bottles. Shimizu assisted you after the others had finished arranging the chairs.

The opposition team eventually arrived, huddled up in front to greet them. They appear to be a formidable foe in your opinion. Following the greeting, your teammates changed into their muscle tee volleyball jersey with a black, red, and white pattern.

When you turn around, you see that all of the guys are currently half-naked, exposing their well-toned bodies as they change into their individual uniforms. You turned around as soon as you felt the heat rising on your cheeks.

Shimizu chuckled, "You'll get used to it."

Coach Nomura gathered his team members around him to deliver a speech. You waited in the corner for the game to begin. This time, you'll be monitoring each player's progress. While Shimizu records the practice game for future use.

The match began with your gaze fixated on every player on your side of the court. The other team's wing spiker attempted to spike through your team's solid block, with Tsukishima, Kuroo, and Lev assisting. Coach Nomura called a timeout.

You wonder why he did that, but there was a minor ruckus inside the court. Tsukishima appears to be the injured player. Shimizu requested that you assist him and provide first aid. Yamaguchi came in to replace Tsukishima, who was injured. He sat alongside you on the bench while you looked for the finger tape to support his damaged fingers.

"Let me see," you said softly, gently grabbing his hand. You were nervous as you touched Tsukishima's hand. You got the finger tape from the first-aid kit and began binding his middle and ring fingers together. "That spike was powerful enough to injure you like that," you said, his finger faintly bleeding.

"I think Kuroo-senpai was injured as well, but it wasn't as serious as mine," Tsukishima explained.

"This practice match is terrifying," You murmured as you finished tape around his finger. You poured an adequate amount of disinfectant onto a cotton ball. You began to clean his pinky finger wound.

Tsukishima grunted as he felt the pain of the disinfectant. You then wrapped it with a bandage. He examined the tape's tightness around his fingers.

"Thank you," Tsukishima said quietly.