FOUR

"HEY, GUYS! PRELIMS RESULT ARE UP!" one of your classmates announced right outside your classroom door.

You stiffened as you heard it. You've been restless since your major examinations ended. You were eager to learn about your performance. But after you discovered that the results were being made public, you couldn't stop thinking about it.

Yamaguchi chuckled uneasily, "Gah! Talk about timing," he was in your class during break time.

"Yeah, a great way to catch you off guard; I hadn't prepared myself for this," you feigned a laugh.

Yamaguchi exclaimed as she followed you out of the classroom, "Ah! The suspense is killing me!"

"Mercy!" he said, making you laugh.

Walking out of your college building, you had to move to the opposite side of campus to see the results on the digital announcement board located in the main building of the school.

"Why did it have to be in the main building? This is a waste of energy, and the suspense is killing me already!" you grumbled, still dragging Yamaguchi behind you.

As you walked into your campus's main building, you were tapped on the shoulder by someone you knew as one of your classmates.

"Congratulations, (L/N)-san," she said, smiling. "If you want to know what I'm talking about, you should go and see the results," she said, raising your brow.

You nodded and thanked her as you moved to the front of the digital announcement board. You pushed your way past the mob of students eager to view Yamaguchi's results as well. You peered at your name under the department of allied sciences, nursing column.

(L/N) (F/N), BSN-2, NO. 2 - 693/700

Looks like you just made it to the top this prelim exam. You also noticed a familiar name above yours.

TSUKISHIMA KEI, BSN-2, NO. 1 - 695/700

"You did it again, (L/N)-chan! You aced the test! I mean, look at your score!" Yamaguchi beams, thrilled for you.

You thanked him before turning to check his exam results and seeing his name in the top 5 for the Medical Laboratory Sciences course Year 2. You commended him on a job well done. Finally, you could breathe freely because the outcome exceeded your expectations.

Your freckled friend laughed out loud. You cocked your head to the side, perplexedly looking at him. You were about to ask him what was hilarious when he beat you to it.

"I'm sorry, the results reminded me of something from our high school," he cleared his throat, continuing, "You and Tsukki used to be in class 4 and 5 from freshman year until senior year, and you always wanted to beat Tsukki from Top 1. It's happening again."

That memory made you laugh as well, "I failed miserably."

"Aw, Kei, you're back on top! I'm so proud of you!" Sakamoto's voice could be heard not far away.

Your breath caught in your throat as a pair of amber eyes met yours. Your heart is pounding against your chest. You tried to look away but couldn't. You were drawn to those orbs that reminded you so much of your daughter.

"Congratulations, (F/N). Top 2 again?" he said as he walked towards you.

"Are you congratulating or insulting me?" you asked, glaring him.

"Perhaps a little bit of both?" Tsukishima grinned.

"I'm not here to beat your ass in the rankings, but beating your ass literally is a nice idea. What do you say right now?"