SIXTEEN

"So, why are we here on the rooftop?" Oikawa joked.

He believed it was vital to settle the atmosphere ever since you asked for them to leave the room to talk.

The three of you were currently standing on the hospital's rooftop. It was the only area where you could openly converse to them without being interrupted.

"Is Tsukishima joking when he said that you're already married to him?" Iwaizumi tried to confirm.

"It was around third year of high school when we decided to tie the knot; it was supposed to be grand, but Kei wished for it to be exclusive to us; only both of our families knew about it," you hesitated before taking a deep breath.

"W—Wait, so you've been married to that man all this time!? Is that why you rejected Iwa-chan!" said Oikawa.

Iwaizumi's cheeks flushed furiously, striking Oikawa in the back of the head. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BRING UP UNNECESSARY DETAILS!?"

"Ouch, that hurts!" whimpered Oikawa, massaging the back of his head. "But, Iwa-chan, aren't you surprised by everything!"

"I am you, dumbass, but I don't spout nonsense in the middle of a serious conversation like you do; you are truly useless, Kusoikawa."

"Hey! I resent that!" exclaimed Oikawa.

Iwaizumi had stopped paying attention to Oikawa. He returned his gaze to you, your head downcast.

"So, that's why you can't completely remove that man from your life because you're biologically and legally married, and he's Keiko's father." You nodded, without looking at them. "There's nothing for you to be sorry about; it was a secret for you to keep, and I am—no, we are not in a position to demand an explanation from you," Iwaizumi said meekly, patting the top of your head.

"It's just that—" you bit your lower lip, "I should have told you because you're one of the few people I trust the most."

"Hey, we totally understand. Yes, I was kind of hurt that something so important was hidden from me when I happen to be your closest cousin." Oikawa held both of your shoulders. "But that doesn't give us the right to be angry because Iwa-chan was correct in one thing: we have no right to demand anything from you, (Nickname)."

You couldn't help but cry after hearing what they said. You are quite fortunate to have someone as thoughtful as them. Only then do you understand how fortunate you are to have so many things and people in your life.

"I hate to say it, but Kusoikawa is correct: we will always be there for you, no matter what, and it would take you a lifetime to get rid of us."

You laughed when Iwaizumi said, "Thank you, Hajime, Tooru-niichan."

You returned to your room after your conversation with Iwaizumi and Oikawa, only to discover Tsukishima had fallen asleep while caring for your daughter. You smiled as you watched your child and her father both sleep.

— S I X T E E N —

"Live under the same roof?" You looked at your parents, then at Tsukishima's.

It had been a few days since Tsukishima Kei had learned about his daughter. Keiko has been discharged from the hospital after recovering. Because there is no reason to conceal anything from both sides of the family, your parents and your husband's parents agreed that you should live under the same roof.

"It's for the best," Tsukishima's father explained, "you will agree to this for your daughter's sake."

"I'm leaving the apartment complex where I'm currently staying; my manager was able to find a larger one, but it's a 30-minute drive to the university; if that's okay with you, I could drive us both to school," Tsukishima explained.