THREE

You left without saying anything shortly after your lesson concluded that day. Tsukishima wanted to speak with you, but he didn't get the chance. He arrived at his volleyball club practice disappointed. After changing into his jersey, he went to the gym and found the person he had been seeking for since this morning.

Meanwhile, on your way to the parking lot, you passed the College of Performing Arts. The majority of the students here are exchange students or foreigners. Students enrolled in this course are attractive and possess model-like physique.

"I knew it was you!" A tall young man stood in your way. "(F/N)-san!" he exclaimed, waving his hand at you.

"Lev?" you blinked, glancing at this light grey-haired guy with catlike slanted emerald eyes.

"Yay! You remembered my name! Yeah! It's me, (F/N)-san! Haiba Lev!" He leaped in front of you, "I can't believe you're here too! It's like summer camp, but instead, we're schoolmates!"

You grinned, relieved that the majority of your friends and acquaintances had not changed at all.

"Yes, I'm a sophomore nursing student."

"Like Tsukki!" chirped Lev.

"R—Right," you said meekly.

"Oh, sorry," he regretfully scratched the back of his head, "I forgot you guys broke up."

"That's fine," you said, waving goodbye, "but I need to get home, Lev-kun." But it was great to see you!"

"I understand! Come by the gym sometimes (F/N)-san! I'd love for you to come and see us practice!" he said.

"I'll try!" you said as you smiled at him."

— T H R E E —

"Yamaguchi," the freckled young man stiffened as he sensed his best friend standing just behind him, carefully turning to face the irritated gentleman.

Yamaguchi went ahead for their practice. He couldn't bring himself to meet his friend after what happened this morning and attempted to avoid Tsukishima for as long as he could. He didn't want to answer the questions that were ready to be asked by his best friend. He lacks confidence in his ability to stand up to his best friend in order to protect his other friend.

Sugawara, who was quietly watching them from the corner. Hinata and Kageyama informed them about their first period. Sawamura and Sugawara had expected this sooner or later.

Sawamura, Asahi, and Nishinoya followed Sawamura to Sugawara.

"He's going to ask about it," Sawamura stated, to which Sugawara agreed.

"What's the deal with those two? Did they get into a fight?" Asahi wondered, concerned.

"Tsukishima's been in a bad mood lately," Nishinoya observed, not taking his gaze away from the two who were standing in the middle of the court.

"Senpai-tachi, it appears that Tsukishima is planning to get some answers," Kageyama stated, an anxious Hinata standing beside him.

Silence descended inside the gym; fortunately, their teammates aren't around at the moment, nor are their coach and manager.

Tsukishima decided to use this opportunity to speak with his best friend. He is aware that his former high school volleyball teammates are aware of the unexpected breakup between him and (F/N). Only a few of them were aware of the cheating.

"How come you never told me that (F/N) is a student here?" Tsukishima questioned.

"Believe it or not, Tsukki, I didn't know until she contacted me yesterday." Yamaguchi replied, "She was asking me to help her familiarize the place and what to do. It's her first time in an actual university after taking time off last year."