TWELVE

"Man, oh man, I can't believe Kei got married before me and now he's a dad all of a sudden; to think I've been dating your sister for four years, (F/N), and I haven't even dared to ask her hand in marriage yet!" Akiteru grumbled.

"It's okay, nii-chan. I'm sure you and Ellie-nee will get there eventually," you chuckled.

"Whoa, hold up! Tsukishima brothers dating (L/N) sisters? You really are siblings! You've got excellent taste. Damn, I'm so jealous. Say, (F/N), do you have another sister around my age? Hook me up!"

"Oh, (F/N)'s sister, Ellie, she's one of a kind, really charming with a good sense of humor," Himiko said.

"Yeah, she's really charming and funny," you remarked sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

"Long distance relationships stink; I miss her!" Akiteru wailed from his seat.

"No, it's not. Being so close, yet so far away from someone you love sucks. Hurts like hell. You're right there beside that person, but his or her attention is on someone else," Kuroo said, gazing over to you, but you didn't appear to notice.

"Honey!" Tsukishima's mother called out.

You three came to a halt in the middle of your talk when you noticed a man standing outside the coffee shop's door. He was tall and blonde, and he resembled an older Akiteru with a Tsukishima-like frown on his face. He walks over to your table.

"Oh, it's dad," Akiteru mumbled.

You had finally identified the man approaching you. Of course you recall him. Tsukishima Akihiko is the father of Akiteru and Kei. You just met him once, at your wedding.

He was always gone because of his job, which sometimes required him to travel outside of the country. You haven't seen him since the wedding.

He noticed you looking at him, and his gaze was drawn to you. You averted your gaze elsewhere, your cheeks flushing.

"Hon, do you remember (F/N)?" Himiko took her husband's arm and drew him towards you.

"Hello," he replied quietly, but you were shocked when he eventually smiled at you. "It's good to see you again, my beautiful daughter-in-law."

"Hello, dad. It's been a long time," you said with a smile.

"So, what do you want to discuss with me?" Akihiko asked, looking at each of them.

"Honey, do you see that baby?" the man nodded. "Tell me who you see in her?"

Akihiko began examining Keiko's characteristics. You glanced at him as he examined every aspect of Keiko. A startling realization struck the man's face. He groaned gently as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"That son of yours needs to sort out his priorities. First, he did something stupid and destroyed his own marriage, and now he got his wife pregnant and left her to face the responsibility all on her own. He doesn't even know that his daughter exists!"

"I didn't regret having her, dad; I never see my daughter as a responsibility, but rather as a gift from God, the one who changed my life," you explained with a smile.

"Dear, please tell me how this happened," Akihiko asked.

You summarized everything that had happened between you and Kei. There were no interruptions, and everyone's attention was on you as you tried not to forget any facts while not seeming like it was all their son's fault.

There was silence on the table after your explanation. Mrs. Tsukishima looked down at her teacup, while her husband sat back in his chair, trying to digest everything.