THIRTEEN

Another day off from club practices, and it was time for you to spend it with your daughter. Shin, your brother, is currently away visiting friends. So it was just you and your daughter. You wanted to get out with Yachi, but she was at work at the time. However, someone unexpectedly invited you to a walk in the park.

A honk startled you out of your reverie. You looked up to see an unknown car parked right outside your gate. The car's owner steps out of the driver's seat to greet you.

"Yow!" your face lit up. He approached you after seeing your daughter in your arms. "Wow, when you told me about it over the phone, I thought you were just playing with me or something, but lo and behold, in your arms is Tsukishima Kei's own flesh and blood."

"You're exaggerating things, Katsuki!" you laughed.

"I missed you, (F/N!)!" the man grinned as he hugged you with one arm, making sure not to crush Keiko between you and him.

"Welcome back! It's been what, three years? How have you been!"

"If you really want to know, here you go!" He handed you a medium-sized envelope. "Give me your daughter, I'll hold her while you open that," Katsuki gently took Keiko from you. You joyfully receive the envelope and open it to see what's inside. Katsuki couldn't stop grinning as he watched you read the card inside.

An overwhelming feeling came over you as you stared at him with wide eyes. "Katsuki, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!"

"Promise me you'll be there," Katsuki begged with hope in his eyes.

"Of course! How could I let this pass? It's an important day!" You gripped Katsuki's hand. You were ecstatic for him. To find the person with whom he wishes to spend the rest of his life.

"Come on, let's talk about it over a delicious breakfast," Katsuki said as he led you to his car, making sure the baby car seat was securely installed in the rear.

He drove you to a restaurant in the city. It wasn't crowded because it was early in the morning. Katsuki placed an order for both of you and used the time you were waiting for your food to catch up with you in depth.

"I'm going to personally invite Kei as well; do you know where he lives?" You nodded unwillingly. "Anyway, how did this all happen? I can't believe Kei is now a father; why aren't you living together?"

"Actually..." You gave Katsuki the story of the covert wedding, moving in, cheating on you, and having a daughter Tsukishima is unaware of.

"Let me get this straight: Kei married you without even inviting me?! How rude!" Katsuki grumbled.

"Is that the point here?" you asked, your sweat dripping.

"Kidding aside, I can't believe you've been through all of that and Kei's chillin' somewhere right now," Katsuki said as he took your hand, "You have to tell him!"

"I—I know, but I don't think it's the right time; Kei's got a lot on his plate right now,"

"When is it? The longer you wait, the more difficult the situation will be, and your daughter is caught in the middle."

You looked at your daughter, who was sitting in the restaurant's child's safety chair.

"Katsuki, what do you think I should do? Should I tell him?"

"I don't want to tell you what you should do," Katsuki said, leaning back in his chair. "You have to ask yourself if you're ready to tell him."

"You're right, I should know what to do," you sighed.

"Your orders, ma'am," the server said as he approached you with your orders. Katsuki's eyes twinkled as he placed them on your table. You returned your gaze to your friend after thanking the server.