TWENTY-ONE

You were ecstatic as one by one, the names of your classmates are being called to go up the stage. You were surrounded by your fellow graduates, waiting for them to receive their diplomas, certifying that you had completed your degree.

Not far from where you are, you can see Tsukishima looking at you with a proud smile on his lips.

"Tsukishima (F/N)," It was your turn, you went up to the stage and finally received your diploma. You smiled at the camera and went down to proceed back to your chair.

After the long program, you were finally inducted to your alma mater and it ended with a recessional. When it's all over, you went to find your parents from the crowd. You felt someone tapped on your shoulder, you turned to meet Kuroo's grin.

"Kuroo?!" You blinked in surprise.

You weren't sure what to say, you haven't seen him since he left for overseas with Nanami. You did not know that he came back for a visit. You never had the chance to talk to him on his graduation.

He chuckled, "It's good to see you again (F/N) and congratulations on your graduation. You finished your degree with flying colors." He gave your head a pat, "You did well, (F/N). I'm sure your parents, Tsukishima and Keiko are proud of you."

You blushed, but then you gained the courage to give him a quick hug before greeting him back, "It's good to see you too, Kuroo—I mean, senpai." You bowed your head at him, "Thank you."

"Yeah..." He returned the hug, then looked at you for a moment, "You looked so happy now, that's good to know."

"Is it really that obvious?" You asked sheepishly, blushing lightly.

"Totally, who would have thought that you'll get back together, sooner than we expected. Anyways, I hope he means to treat you right this time. If not, I won't be having any second thought about taking you back. Tell me if he tries to do something stupid again, alright?"

You giggled, "You can count on it."

"Well, here he comes," Kuroo whispered as he walked past you, "Tsuki! Congratulations!"

"Kuroo–senpai?" You turned to see Tsukishima genuinely surprised by Kuroo's visit, "What are you doing here?" Tsukishima shook his head, realizing how ridiculous his question is. "I mean, it's good to see you. When did you came back."

"I came to congratulate you, doofus!" He grinned, "Class valedictorian, huh? Great way to end the university."

"Thank you," Tsukishima said.

"Heard from your mom that you're proceeding to Med School. Congratulations!"

"That's right."

"Still the Tsuki I know but less of a jerk, ain't that good?" Kuroo teased.

Tsukishima sighed, "I see you haven't changed yourself."

Kuroo laughed, "Seriously tho', congratulations Kei. You made them proud, I guess being a father came to you so naturally. You're successful in both career, being a dad and a student. Great job," he then tapped the megane's shoulder and whispered something.

The megane gave his senior a look before he walked away. He shakes off the thought and went to approach you, a light pink hue appearing on his cheeks.

"Did something happened?" You asked which Tsukishima replied with a shook of his head. "O...kay? Um, let's go find Keiko and the others?"

"Yeah, sure." Tsukishima intertwined his hand with yours and you both went to find your family among the crowd of people outside the auditorium.

After a few minutes of looking, you finally spotted your family waiting by the corner of the hall. Your parents together with Tsukishima's parents waited for the two of you there, Akiteru was holding Keiko's hand as you approached them.