FIFTEEN

"(F/N)'s absent again, I wonder what happened? Shimizu, is she communicating with you?" Tsukishima overheard Sugawara question as he entered the gym for their afternoon training.

Everyone had questions, but he had the most. It was unusual for you to be absent without prior notice. You've even skipped a few days of school.

"She's not returning all of my calls," Shimizu frowns.

"It's starting to worry me," Asahi stated, drawing stares from his friends.

"Worried?" Daichi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Do you remember when she was in an accident and lost her memory?"

Tsukishima's eyes widened. Who would forget that? It was a nightmare for everyone. He deserves it. You were almost killed in that accident. He didn't want to go through that again.

"God, that was a nightmare," Sugawara groaned. "But it—"

"S—Sorry, I'm late!" You rushed into the gym, dressed casually.

Everyone's gaze was drawn to you, yet you were oblivious. You went to see Coach Nomura. You had a quiet conversation with him near the corner. It piqued Tsukishima's interest in what you were discussing. You left without saying goodbye to them after the discussion.

"Alright, huddle up!" Coach Nomura exclaimed. "(F/N) will be taking a leave of absence with the approval of her dean. Shimizu, please take over for a few days. You damn brats make sure you don't give her a headache, ya hear!?"

"OSU!"

Yamaguchi approaches Tsukishima, who is still staring at the door of the gym where you exited earlier. He can tell that his best friend is truly concerned about you. Tsukishima, he knew, wanted to find you.

"Do you think she's okay?" Yamaguchi sought to attract his friend's attention.

"Is it strange that I'm irritated right now?" Tsukishima asked.

"Irritated about what?" Yamaguchi said, tilting his head to the side.

"I'm stopping myself even though I desperately want to go after her and ask her why she's been having consistent leave of absences; our professors seem to be fine with it because she's been at the top of the class."

"I can't say, Tsukki. It could be a family matter."

Tsukishima sighed, "I'm wasting my time thinking about it; I'll just have to figure it out for myself."

Yamaguchi became agitated, "W—What are you going to do, Tsukki?"

The megane simply smirked at his best friend before strolling past him.

You didn't stop.

You kept racing down the crowded street, avoiding the crowds. Time was against you.

It was simply another ordinary day for Tsukishima, too ordinary for him. He was curious about what was going on in your side after not seeing you for days.

Why have you been missing classes? He also learned through your teachers that you've been taking advanced classes on weekends to help you keep up with your classes.

He chose not to sit around and wait for you. He skipped their afternoon practice after class that day and went to your brother's place.

He paused in front of the door, unsure whether he was doing anything wrong again or just taking chances. He cautiously lifted his hand and knocked his knuckle against the door. The sound of footsteps followed, and the door was opened.

"Kei, what are you doing here?"

"Shin-niichan," Tsukishima said, surprised. He was genuinely expecting you to answer the door. "Does (F/N) happen to be home? I needed to give her some of our study materials for the classes she missed."