TWO

You had just gotten out of your car after parking in the university's lot. Your sophomore year officially begins today. You've been planning for this since you discussed it with your seniors. After a year, you're expected to see someone you've been looking forward to seeing.

"(F/N)!" A voice called from behind you, and when you turned around, you were met by a familiar freckled-faced young man.

His medium-length dark green hair was pulled back into a short ponytail. He also has piercings in both earlobes. You also noticed that he was dressed casually underneath his student medical school white coat.

The dress code is one of the school regulations.

Students enrolled in medical-related courses must wear a university-issued medical student white coat with the embroidered university logo on the right chest and the embroidered student's name and course on the upper half of the left pocket.

You hurried to him, almost knocking him back when you hugged him, "TADASHI!"

The boy laughed as he patted your back, "It's good to see you again, (F/N)," He pulled away with a smile on his face, "I heard from Daichi-senpai all about what happened between you and Tsuki," He grimaced, "I am so sorry for what happened on behalf of my best friend."

"Tadashi, you don't need to apologize for your Kei's sake," you said, shaking your head.

"I feel responsible, though, because I've been with him all this time and I didn't even know what happened between you two, and one day, I was surprised that he's already dating Sakamoto-san," he said shyly, covering his lips when he realized he shouldn't have said that name when you were nearby.

"It's okay, I'm not going to do anything stupid just hearing her name," you chuckled, "although it tastes like poison in my mouth whenever I try to say it."

"I'm really excited to meet Keiko-chan," Yamaguchi laughed.

"I'm looking forward to introducing her to her future godfathers," you smiled.

"Who is currently looking after Keiko-chan?"

"Shin-nichan's taking care of her," you said sadly, "He had to quit his job because of me, but he keeps telling me that taking care of his niece comes first, and my parents are supporting his financial needs; they've been there for me since Keiko was born."

"Cheer up! It's the first day!" Yamaguchi encouraged you.

You two proceeded to the Arts and Sciences building, where your first period will take place. English is only a minor subject. So you braced yourself for the possibility of having to confront the man you'd rather not see again.

Upon ascending the stairwell to the second floor. You were so preoccupied with Yamaguchi that you didn't notice someone coming down the stairs towards you. Your shoulders came into contact.

You lost your footing briefly, almost falling backward, but an arm held you by the waist. That person was able to support you in regaining your balance. You bent your head in apologies without looking at that person.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking, and thank you as well," You said.

"Ah, it's okay," That voice was familiar to you, although it had been a long time since you had heard it.

You're unsure about what your gut is telling you. You cautiously raised your head to greet the former captain of the Nekoma Volleyball Team, who had narrowed eyes and cat-like pupils.

His name was Tetsuro Kuroo. A senior university student majoring in Psychology and an academic scholar in this university.

"Oh, good morning, Kuroo-senpai," Yamaguchi said, smiling at the man with the bedhead beside them.