E P I L O G U E

Love? Friends? Family of your own?

Those didn't matter to me when I was younger. I didn't care if I didn't have many friends. Most of them disliked my attitude. I never loved volleyball before, until I found the answer I have been looking for.

A family of my own, funny how I never imagined myself having a girlfriend. Family is something easy to build but hard to maintain. A complete and happy family, something anybody would want to have.

Eventually, we got married secretly. To be honest, she was the only person who I can see making our own family together in the future. I thought after that everything will go smoothly. But I guess, I was wrong. I couldn't keep my jerk attitude in line that along the way I lost her at some point.

That day, our world stopped.

When I made a mistake involving myself with someone else beside her, just because I wanted to fulfill my goal in life the easier way, I became blind of what's really important to me.

I remember that day, when she finally given up on me. I tried to stop her, begged for her to stay. I realize back then that I was being selfish about asking her to stay even though she had the right to leave.

"Why?" I remembered her asking me, tears falling down her face as she faced me. It was really painful to see her hurting because of me. I know no matter what I say to her would make things right. I just lost my place in her life. I wasted the only person who loved the good and bad in me. The one who sees my flaws as perfection in their own way.

They say you don't know what you have until it's gone. But what about the ones who know what they have but still manage to take it for granted? Do you think they still have the right to be happy? To have someone again and never take them for granted? Do you believe in second chances?

It was out of character for me, thinking about ending my life. I did reach the point where I can no longer see the world in colors. Black and white suited me so well. When I looked at people with happiness in their eyes, all I could feel was coldness. People laughing around me but all I could hear was silence.

I woke in my hospital bed that day, restrained. One of my wrist wrapped in bandage. I stared at the ceiling feeling nothing. Empty. I remember my mom entered the room, tears started welling up in her eyes. I knew something was wrong with me ever since I lost her. I had no one, but I know that was not the case. I needed her, I love her.

When I was getting better, I found myself spending my days with someone that wasn't her. It was true that I didn't fully love Nanami but it doesn't mean that I did not care about her. I couldn't teach and force myself to love her the way I love (F/N).

It was a fact.

"Hey, babe. Let's go to our first class together." Nanami was always clingy, it kind of irritated me at some point but she doesn't listen to me whenever I scold her about it. She would just smile at me and tell me that I was having one of my foul moods again.

We got to class that day, thinking it was just another day in this university. Another school year that felt like a lifetime.

I saw my close friend, Tadashi standing by the front of the class with Kageyama and Hinata. I felt a relief washed over me as I see familiar faces other than Nana.

But for some reasons Tadashi won't let me sit with him. It was weird of him to be sitting with those two. But I shrugged it off like it was nothing. I sat with Nanami at the front row like always. The class went on, but didn't paid much attention. I choose to divert my attention around the classroom. I looked at the class from behind us. My breath hitched, like I didn't even dare to exhale.