EIGHTEEN

"(F/N), I might not be able to come to school this week," you said as you looked up from your breakfast to face Tsukishima.

It was Monday, and you were meant to have classes with him, but he was dressed casually, as if he wasn't planned on going to class.

"Why?"

"We're doing a photoshoot outside of town, and I'll be gone for a week."

You couldn't say anything because you didn't know anything about his job or career. Tsukishima revealed that a new collection is due to be released this month, and they are pushing the shooting for the launch.

"This will be my final shoot; I'm quitting modeling after all of this; I want to focus on my studies, and of course, you and Keiko are my top priorities right now."

"But, Kei—"

"I'm serious, (F/N), I never planned on being a model in the first place."

"How about your boss? Does he know?"

"Yes, and he was cool with it; he gets what I'm saying."

You went along with Tsukishima's decision. You departed for class that day, leaving Keiko with Akiteru, while Tsukishima was busy packing for his out-of-town photography. You didn't say anything and simply departed. You entered the University campus.

When you entered the main building for your first lesson, you noticed a familiar figure going ahead of you. You caught up to that person as you both ascended the stairs.

You chirped, "Good morning, Keiji-senpai!"

"(F/N)-san, good morning," your senior said with a little smile on his face. "Where has Tsukishima-san gone?"

"Well, he's going to take a week off," you said, your smile fading.

"Did something happen?" Akaashi asked, pausing between the stairwell steps.

"Oh no, he's fine; he's got an out-of-town photoshoot for the clothing brand he works for."

"I thought he ran away somewhere else," Akaashi said, relieved.

"Again?" you asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, yes, you were still not present when that happened."

Your lesson continued as usual, but your mind was elsewhere. You couldn't stop thinking about what Akaashi had told you this morning while your professor was teaching Anatomy 101.

Akaashi treated you for a cup of coffee at the cafeteria one hour before your first subject.   You went ahead and asked your senior what he meant earlier after you bought a cup of coffee.

"It was around after a month that he became a University student. Exactly when he joined the club, he was acting out of the ordinary. After a week of joining, he suddenly stopped coming to the practice. I heard he was also taking a leave of absences. His professors shared their concerns with Tsukishima's class performance, which was gradually dropping. No one knows what was happening to him."

"He did that?" You couldn't believe it as you listened to your senior.

"It was really surprising, considering we're talking about Tsukishima-san. The student who aced the University Entrance Exam. We didn't know what was happening to him until his mother called to tell us."

"Tsukishima-san was diagnosed with clinical depression," Akaashi sipped on his coffee.

"Depression? Kei has a depression?" you blinked.

"At the time he stopped coming to practice, he attempted suicide; fortunately, his neighbor discovered him and he was immediately taken to the hospital; it appears the Dean was aware of what was going on and kept his situation confidential."