TWENTY-FIVE

He never felt home in thirteen years.

As he stepped out of the arrival area and the tight crowd welcomed him. Families reuniting with their loved ones. Couples meeting each other after years of long-distance relationship. Those were the sight he witnessed when he arrived in his home country.

Who would have thought he was finally given a chance to come home after for so long? He could not recall the last time he was here. His memories were blur after for so long that he almost forgot he was originally from this country.

He smiled to himself as he made his way to the exit of the airport. His sister was supposed to pick him up, he was not sure if he can still recognized her face. It has been that long since she left overseas to come home.

He scanned the area even if it's impossible to find someone he knew with this thick crowd. After a few minutes of scanning the place something caught his attention.

A few meters from where he was, he sees a raven-haired woman standing by a car, holding her toddler's hand while her other hand was holding a sign with his name written on it and beside her is yet another familiar face.

He was relieved to know he still recognized the face of his dear sister. He approached them with a smile plastered on his face.

"Took you long enough," The woman said.

"My flight got delayed," He answered back with a smirk. He bend down a little to face the kid, "Hello there, Nao."

The toddler only stared at him, the woman chuckled and patted the kid's head, "Go say hi to your uncle, Nao."

"Go on," The other man said, giving the kid a light push towards his uncle.

"H—Hello, Uncle Kuroo..." The kid muttered, giving him a weak wave.

"Is this really your son, Nanami? You've never been this shy," The man teased, ruffling Nao's hair.

"Well, what can I say? Nao grew up to be more like his father and not his mother. I don't have complaints, I love my son for who he is."

Kuroo smiled gently, "Just don't grow up like a spoiled kid like your mom back then, Nao." Kuroo lightly patted the top of Nao's head.

"Onīchan! Stop telling things like that to Nao!" Nanami pouted.

Kuroo could only chuckle, he then turned to the man before him, "Hey, Naoki! It's good to see you." He draped one of his arm around the man's shoulder, "Thank you for treating my sister right even though she can be crazy and hard to handle sometimes."

"Oh, it's nothing. I've seen Nana's worst moments since we were a child." Naoki glanced at his wife who did not stop pouting behind them, "But, Nana's a great wife and a super hands on mom to Nao. I could not asked for more, nīchan."

Kuroo nodded in agreement, "Well, that's all I wanted to hear from you. Whatever it is that you are doing as a husband and a dad, you're doing great."

"Naoki, Honey, can you please bring onīchan's bag to the car?" Nanami said, interrupting them from their brother to brother talk.

"Sure, honey," Naoki gave Kuroo a small smile before proceeding to load his brother-in-law's luggage inside the car compartment. Once he was done, the four of them got on the car. "So, where to?" He looked at Kuroo for an answer.

"University of Tokyo," Kuroo replied, not able to hide his excitement.

It was a peaceful ride as they make their way to their destination. Kuroo's eyes glued outside the window as the view before him kept on changing as the car moved.