ELEVEN

The senior students of Karasuno High School are preoccupied not just with finals, but also with preparing for and attending cram school for their university admission examinations.

A once-in-a-lifetime chance has presented itself for the Volleyball Boys Club. The University of Tokyo selected the team to receive a full-time scholarship for any course they take. Yamaguchi, Tsukishima, Hinata, and Kageyama were the third-year members at the time.

They must pass the admission exam to be eligible for the scholarship. Tsukishima had always wanted to do it. When it comes to medicine, the University of Tokyo is one of the nation's highest passing rates.

Tsukishima, who had always wanted to be a doctor, decided to study physical therapy as a pre-med course. He agreed to a study session with Sakamoto in order to ensure his admission to the university. He discovered that her mother was a member of the board of directors of that university's college of medicine. She promised to help him in reaching his goals.

The offer had blinded him. Tsukishima spent the most of his weekends with Sakamoto until the admission exam. He eventually developed feelings for Sakamoto.

Everything was proceeding according to her plan to take away Tsukishima from (F/N). She was well aware of your relationship, but it had always been her intention to have Tsukishima all to herself.

Tsukishima was accepted to the university with high honors. He aced the admission exam and received a scholarship. You recently graduated from high school. He invited you to live in his Tokyo apartment with him. It was near the university.

His secret meetings with Sakamoto continued even after you moved in together. He was going to meet Sakamoto's mother. Attempting to impress the doctor.

You began to notice Tsukishima drifting away from you. He's never around, leaving you alone. Is he upset because you choose to attend a different university?

"Kei," you said, and Tsukishima responded with a hum. "Is everything all right between us?"

Tsukishima looked up from his dinner to find you frowning. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, you've been coming home late, so I thought something was wrong; are you mad at me because I chose a different school?"

"No, I'm not mad at you; you know we started practicing even though school hasn't started yet; you worry too much," Tsukishima answered carelessly.

His response took you by surprise. You became skeptical about Tsukishima's abrupt change in attitude. You could sense something was wrong, but you wanted confirmation.

"Since when did a volleyball practice end at midnight?" you responded, your voice rising slightly.

"What are you trying to say (F/N)? That I'm doing something other than volleyball?" Tsukishima snapped, dropping his eating utensils.

"I don't know Kei! You tell me! Why are you even reacting like that? I was just checking in on how you've been; it's been a while since we ate together or saw each other. Why are you acting like you're guilty of something?" you spit back.

"Because it sounded like you were accusing me of doing something behind your back!" Tsukishima retorted angrily.

"Is there?!" you exclaim, "tell me, Kei, is there something you're not telling me?"

Tsukishima's lips formed a narrow line and said, "I told you, nothing."

"Really? I won't repeat myself, Kei; is there something you want to tell me?"