TWENTY-THREE

It was an early morning of spring, the cherry blossom leaves filled the side of the road. Spring was a sign of a new beginning, a new day, a new chance.

A woman stood by the kitchen counter, she hummed as she made breakfast. She seemed to be enjoying what she was doing. But it got interrupted by a sound of the doorbell. She turned to the clock hanging on the wall.

"Sweetie! Someone's at the gate." She sweetly called out.

Not a few moments later, a sound of footsteps coming downstairs reached her ears and a girl came down. Her blonde hair pulled into a milkbraid. She stumbled her way to the door towards the gate.

A few moments later, the girl returned inside together with someone. A girl with short orange hair tied in side ponytail followed her inside. The woman smiled when she saw who the visitor was.

"Good morning, Hinoka-chan." The woman greeted, placing the freshly cooked breakfast on the top of the dining table.

"Good morning, aunt (F/N)!" The girl with orange hair named Hinoka greeted back. "Wow! The food looks delicious!" Her mouth watering a little as she stared at the food on the table.

"You wanna join us for breakfast?" (F/N) invited her.

"Can I!?" Hinoka asked without hesitation.

"Of course, you silly. You're like mom's third daughter, come on. Take your seat and we have to hurry, we don't wanna be late for our first day." The girl with milkbraid said, taking a seat.

"Mirai, is your sister awake already? She'll be late." (F/N) asked by the kitchen.

"She was the first to wake up," The girl named Mirai answered back. "Onēchan! Hurry up!"

"I'll be right there!" They heard a voice replied coming from upstairs.

(F/N) could only chuckle, turning to the two girls who were busy eating their breakfast. "Are you girls excited?" She asked.

"Totally! I'm excited about joining my school's volleyball club! I'm gonna use everything that my dad and Keiko-nēchan taught me." Hinoka chirped.

"We'll make sure that we both get in, Hinoka-chan!" Mirai said, taking a spoonful of rice.

"I'm sure we will! You're a great setter, Mirai-chan! Being good in volleyball runs in your genes." Hinoka laughed.

(F/N) could not help but smile at their answers, "I'm happy that the two of you came to love volleyball as much as your fathers does."

"Dad's an awesome spiker, I used to watch his videos from nationals with Keiko-nēchan's dad," Hinoka said. "Oh, by the way! Do—"

"Good morning," A man wearing light pink button down long sleeves with gray necktie entered the dining area. He placed a kissed on (F/N)'s cheeks as he walked past to get a cup of coffee from the coffee maker.

"Oh, good morning, Kei." (F/N) greeted her husband, Tsukishima Kei. A neurosurgeon of a huge charity hospital and currently one of the head doctors for residency training.

"Good morning, Dr. Tsukishima!" Hinoka greeted.

"Good morning, Hinoka. You have so much energy in the morning. Like your dad..." Hinoka grinned.

"I'm ready!" Another young lady entered the dining area wearing the new version of Karasuno High School girls uniform.

"You're so slow, Onēchan! We're already done eating our breakfast." Mirai said, standing from her seat.

"It's alright, I'll just have bread and milk on our way to school."

"What's with the bag, princess?" Kei asked, looking at his eldest daughter by the rim of his coffee mug.