7: All Time Low

"Where is Josh Marshall's room?" she asked. 

"Room 402." the nurse said. 

We all ran to the elevator and Skylar wasn't crying- is she this strong enough? They still haven't answered my question. As the elevator opened we all began running until we arrived at the room 402. We panted- then Skylar entered first. They all entered and I was the last one. 

"Dad!" Skylar shouted. "Dad, please wake up. Please don't leave me, dad, I can't live alone. Dad, I'm begging please wake up." her voice shaking and this was it. She was now crying. I walked to her and put my arms around her and she hugged me. I hugged her back. 

"Shh- Skylar. Never lose hope." I said. 

"Dad, please wake up. It's not your time." Skylar pleaded and the doctor came in. 

"Who is Skylar?" she asked. 

Skylar looked up at the doctor, "I am." 

"Well your dad had a car crash- but its not his fault- the truck driver is now in behind the bars. The driver was not paying attention- he was on his phone. Then your dad crashed." the doctor paused. "Your dad's in 50-50. And he's in coma." 

Skylar broke down still crying on my shirt. I just rubbed her back up and down. I'm so sorry for her. 

"Thank You." Skylar managed to say. The doctor nod and left.

***

It was now 7:30 pm. I was at home, my mom doing school online for students. 

"Mum, I need to go visit Skylar's dad." I said. 

Mom nodded, "Be careful sweetie." she said.

As I got to the hospital- I even bought food just in case. Ashton texted me- he couldn't make it and he's busy. Calum and Michael were doing their projects.  Finn said he'll be here within an hour. I got to room 402. I slowly opened the door and closed it. 

"...you can't just leave your little girl, dad." she starts or at least near from it. "What if I got married? Who'll walk down the aisle with me? What about your speech? What if I was pregnant after the wedding and you'll never get the chance to see your granchild." she paused. Still not minding my presence, "I want you to see me dad- just like I wish and hoped before. Being in a band. I could take you all around the world, dad. Please don't give up on me." I cleared my throat and she looked up, "Oh hey." she smiled weakly. 

"Have you eaten dinner?" I asked. Then she shooked her head. "Good, this is for you." I said, handling over the food, I bought. 

"Thanks, you heard everything, didn't you?" 

"Well- yeah. Most of it." I shrugged, chuckling. 

"Dad, this is Luke. Even though you haven't seen him before- he's a friend of mine." she stated. I quickly glanced at her, then she smiled and I did as well. 

"He's a good kid, dad." she said. And I was touched with her words.  After all I did to her, this is what she gave back to me. I remembered Justin, we didn't fight at school at lunch. I don't care- I'm glad I'm here with her.  "You know dad, Luke sings and plays too. He's good enough." she.chuckled. 

Hey, what is she talking about? She's greater than me- I'm no match for her. "Uh- Mr. Marshall. I think Skylar is the best. I'm no match for her." I said. We both know he hears us and maybe he's smiling somewhere inside.  "Skylar is a good girl, Mr. Marshall. She's a talented kid." I smirked and our eyes met.