Chapter 16 - It's NOW & NEW

Warning: Not Edited, might be a few grammatical errors or cringy texts.
♣♣♣♣♣

💫💫💫
{2 YEARS LATER}

It was fall and the only problem at night was the blackness, some nights even the stars had been hidden behind a wall of foreboding cloud. The nights were as ferocious as a dip in the frozen lakes would be, taking their body heat until their lips blued and teeth chattered. But today the streets were lonely, she was the only one walking at night, when no one was. It was not only cold, but it was raining, dangerous raining.

There was a mutter of thunder from the blackened sky as the wind tore leaves from the trees. The rain lashed down, torrential, unforgiving. Newspaper blew along the street.

The cold breeze blew right through her sweater and she bowed her head to one side, closing her lashes which was weighed down with mascara to keep out the dusty sting caused by the wind. The dampness of the rain was making its way though her skinny jeans. Her hair fell loose down the sides of her shoulders, tousled and tangled. She was wearing a hoodie but it didn't help.

She reached to her apartment and opened the door with her keys. Tossing her shoes to the side of the door, she came inside trying not to make a noise.

"Aisha" A sleepy voice spoke. Opening her eyes she arched up to take a better look at her. "Look at you, you look absolutely horrible" She closed her eyes and sighed softy, concerned for her friend.

"I don't give a shit T, the last thing I care about is my looks" Her edgy yet deep voice came across as direct rude.

Tina huffed and layed back down "Go change your clothes and then go to sleep, you have a big day tomorrow"

Aisha walked towards her cabinet, selecting some comfy yet warm clothes that she wanted to wear to bed. "Big day as in it's Friday, and we have to go partying?"

"No, big day as in you have a job interview to attend" Tina reminded, her eyes were closed her voice low and still filled with sleepiness.

"But I already have a job" Aisha interjected, trying to state her point.

"You can't keep working at my office, it's been so long. You have to start your journey and be independent" She replied, bringing the blanket close to her, as the cold breeze coming from the window sent shivers down her spine. "And please, close the windows. It's cold."

Aisha rolled her eyes and headed to the bathroom, closing the door with a loud 'thud'
.
Tina shaked her head in disapproval, she sighed climbing out of her bed and closing the windows shut before going back again to lay down. Her eyes shut close, as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨💨

Aisha stirred in her sleep, her eyes opened for a second then closed, then again it shot open, she stared at the ceiling, wide eyed. A slow smile crawling up her face, in a swift motion her head turned towards the window.

It was snowing. Outside the walnut brown trees swayed in the cold winter wind. Icicles on the trees dropped with a smash. Like glass cracking and shattering. The weather was frosty and the snow was glistening.
Large flakes fells as if angels in heaven were having a pillow fight. Though the snow was beautiful it was cold and sharp. Crisp, white and pristine.

Aisha decided the best thing to do was to make hot chocolate. So she did.

Tina's apartment had a tiny kitchen, which neither Aisha or Tina used. They would just go out with there friends and have food outside. But today, the kitchen actually got some use of company.