Chapter 33 - Home Is Where Heart Is

Warning - *Mature Content & Language*

🌟🌟🌟

Alrighty, Guys! Hold your gears, sit back. This one is a long one, and I know it'll be great!

Make sure you COMMENT and cast a VOTE 🤗❤ We're on a countdown by the way, EEEP! Only 4 more chapters left... 5 if I choose to do and Epilogue.

Anyways, for now -
Enjoy this one! 💕

---------------------------------------------------------

Aisha's POV

Dear Diary,

Perhaps the two of us become so good at leaving

once we found something worth keeping

we did not know how to stay...

*a day ago*

My fingers dig slightly into Rohan's arm as we step up to the door of The Black Swan, but then I release him. He hadn't uttered a word for the rest of our walk here, but he also didn't try to distance himself from me either.

To my surprise, Rohan reaches an arm behind me, his other hand coming to rest lightly on my shoulder as he gently pushes me to the side a bit so he can open the door for me. I step through and his hand drops away as he walks in behind me.

I was even suprised yesterday when he came to comfort me. Very unlike Rohan, but having him close made me feel better, very very better. I didn't wanted him to ever let go, he felt like everything I ever want. And after not accepting my 'dinner' request, he very kindly told me that he'll take me out, but then he also warned it was just to make me feel better and make up for the fact that the food I made him the other day was actually good. That's what he told me atleast, anyways.

"Hey, Aisha," the hostess, Sasha Grimmons, greets me from behind a podium. "Two for dinner?"

"Yes, please," I tell her with a smile. Sasha was three years younger than me, I've exchanged my hello's and hi's with her at parties, but she has her own friends, so I don't know her that well, but her father owns the hardware store and everyone knows Chib. He used to be a deep-sea fisherman, but lost his hand in a tragic accident when it got caught in the gears of the winch system used to haul in the catch. He retired from that but wasn't deterred from making a life for himself. Instead, he opened up a hardware store on LeDúçh street, that's done surprisingly well for such a small community.

"Right this way," Sasha says as her eyes linger on Rohan curiously before she grabs the menus.
We follow her through the restaurant, and she puts us at a lovely table by a long wall of nothing but glass that overlooks the harbor.

"Jacinta will be right with you," Sasha tells me with a smile, and I give her an appreciative nod. Jacinta is my friend, I knew she would be here tonight.

I chose this restaurant tonight not only because the food was fabulous but I'm tired, yesterday was bad and I cried alot, so today I think I deserve a good meal, Rohan said it's gonna be him taking me out but its like me taking him out, since he knows nothing about Paris.

I'm also on a mission because Jacinta was working and I wanted her outside, observing eyes to give me feedback later. Rohan's so damn hard to read, and Jacinta is a great judge of character. She'll be eyeballing the hell out of him tonight to try to denote body language and such.

I snicker to myself over my devious ways, and that causes Rohan to prompt me, "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing," I say, smirking as I pick up my menu and open it. "The crab soup here is to die for so you should try that, and, of course, if you like lobster, that's a great choice too."