Asylum

Now:

It's my first day at school. I'm in the tenth grade, but I'm more of an explorer than a bookworm. I love to find new places to poke around.

I forgot to say my name. My name is Stacy, and I'm from New Jersey, which is in the United States.

I am 16 years old. I have blonde curly hair, blue eyes and I am taller than most of the people in my new class. I sit in the third row, and next to me sits a very beautiful girl.

She is a bit shorter than me and she has black eyes. She also has curly like me but it's a bit longer than mine, which fascinates me.

The first class we had today was English. I'm pretty good at English, compared to other subjects, so I enjoyed the first class. During the interval, I saw the girl who sits beside me in class and went to talk with her.

"Hey, I'm Stacy," I introduced myself in a friendly tone.

"Hi, I'm Jane," she replied with a smile.

We got to know each other and talked about ourselves for the whole interval time. We had many similarities in terms of characters and favorite things.

She said she was an explorer too. This made me like her immediately. We quickly became BFFs. We both wanted to explore the outskirts of New Jersey, which were covered by thick forests, so we decided to go together.

It was six in the evening. I was waiting for Jane near the sunflower garden, which is on the far outskirts of New Jersey. Surrounding it are forested areas that we were going to explore now. I was excited to venture into the forest. After some time Jane appeared, looking super excited for this trip.

"Hey Stacy, sorry for coming late. I got a headache and slept for some time," she said in a low tone.

"It's ok, no problem Jane," I replied.

Then we started to walk inside the forest. I had brought a small flashlight for safety. I loved the smell of nature all around us. It pulled me deeper into the woods. Jane and I didn't talk for about ten minutes because we were so focused on exploring.

Soon I got bored. I had gotten used to the nature around me. I broke the silence, " I have to go home before eight."

Jane replied immediately, "Same for me too because my mother is so strict."

Silence surrounded us again for around ten minutes. Suddenly we caught sight of an old building in the distance. It looked a bit scary.

"Shall we check that out?" Jane asked in an excited tone. My mind was all blank so I just agreed to it. We moved towards the building slowly. It was really old and, of course, spooky. I hate spooky things because I'm not a brave girl.

I don't know about Jane, whether she is brave or not, but she looked like a brave girl, so I trusted her. We went up to the front gate of the building. It was so rusty it was on the verge of falling apart. We managed to get through it and walked up to the front door. We opened it and slowly walked inside.

The building was surprisingly clean, with lively decorations, as if someone was still living inside. The thought that we might not be alone made my heart skip a beat and I started to silently pray to God. But Jane was very excited. She had a smile on her face and walked with confidence to the wooden door across the hall. She opened it without hesitation. The door made a loud creaking sound, which made me shiver a little. As we moved inside there were a lot of broken wheelchairs and little rooms with patients' beds.

Suddenly it clicked my mind. It's an Asylum!! I was scared we would find some psycho would be living inside.

"We have to go," I said in a trembling voice.

"Yeah we have to go inside and check everything," she replied eagerly, completely misreading what I meant by what I said. I thought of pulling her and running away but I agreed to explore more because I wanted my new friend to be happy.

"This is a suicide plan," I murmured slowly so that she couldn't hear.

We moved into a big room that looked like a doctor's cabin. It had a patient bed and a machine that looked like a torture device.

We walked stealthily so that a psycho wouldn't jumpscare and kill us. There were a lot of reports on the doctor's table. We went nearer to take a closer look but suddenly heard some footsteps. I was frozen in terror. Before we could react, a shadow appeared in front of us.