Chapter Five

AN:  Heeeeeyyy!  Been a bit distracted by this story, and it is taking away from my time for homework, but it is sooo worth it!  :D  Thank-you all so much for voting and commenting!  Keep up the good work!! ;)

-------------------------

Harry’s POV

I don’t know what happened but one minute I was looking at Louis and was getting lost in his eyes and then all off a sudden he got off of me and looked really deep in thought.  I couldn’t blame him because I was too.  I sat there running my hands through my hair and trying to understand what was going on between us.  I mean, I have never felt this way about guy, but looking at Louis gave a happy fluttery feeling.  I wanted to be close to him, really close.  

Louis snapped me out of my thoughts when I saw him get up and start descending the ladder to the ground below without a word.  I quickly followed after him, and lightly grabbed his wrist.

“Hey, Lou where you goin’?, I said and he turned to face me.  He still looked deep in thought and looked kind of confused when I had snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Oh, erm I-I just have to be headin’ back.  I have to meet up with Hannah.”, he said and then smiled but I could tell the smile wasn’t genuine because it never reached his eyes.

“Do you have to go so soon?  I mean we haven’t even eaten yet.”, I giggled nervously trying to defuse the awkwardness that had fallen over us and gestured towards the food sitting on the ground in a sack.

He looked over and I saw guilt cross his face, “Oh yeah, I forgot about lunch.  Sorry, but I really do have to go.”, and with that he turned and started down the street.  I felt myself growing more lonely with each of his steps.  I jogged over and grabbed the sack of food, and watched him walk away.  He didn’t get far though because by the time he hit the first intersection he stopped and I could see he was trying to remember which way we had come.  

I walked quickly after him and slowed down when I was a few steps from him.  I sighed and put my hands in my pockets and walked a few steps forward so I was standing shoulder to shoulder with him, and whistled nonchalantly.  After a few moments of him still looking around trying to figure out which way to go, I nudged him and said,”Lost?”

He avoided my eye contact but eventually sighed and said,”No, I  can figure it out.” I looked at him confused because I didn’t know why he acted as if he was trying to avoid me.   He turned on his feet though and started down the street left of us.  I walked next to him silently whistling.  

This continued for a few minutes until he just looked up at me and said,”Why are you following me?”

I just smiled and told him the truth,”Because you are going the wrong way and I said I would help if you ever got lost.”

I saw his cheeks became red and then he stopped walking and replied,”Okay then fine, show me where to go.”  I grinned widely and this must have struck something in him because his whole body relaxed and he smiled back.