Weary Night | Min Yoongi

"You know, I never thought that tonight was going to be like this

"You know, I never thought that tonight was going to be like this."

You open your eyes the moment you hear him speak, his voice is soft and calm, as beautiful as the way you always love listening to it, yet it sounds so clear as it pierces through the silence of the night that you were starting to enjoy. He was already staring straight at you when you raise your eyes to meet his gaze, two pairs of droopy eyelids staring at each other in the room which is only being illuminated by the bright moonlight coming through the windows, while each of you are laying on your sides, bodies curling on the bed facing each other.

"Really?" you answered him softly, hoarse throat and showing a hint of drowsiness. "So, how did you imagine tonight was supposed to be?"

He exhales a deep dramatic sigh while keeping his gaze on you, and answers, "I don't know. Probably a long night of hot, fiery, and intense lovemaking? We'll be doing it all night, with so little sleep and the only reason we leave this bed is when we need water for a boost of energy or a little time out to the bathroom before we then start going at it again."

You burst into laughter at his answer, earning a deep chuckle from him. "God, I love the sound of your laughs," he said, staring at you with the affection that reflects from your own eyes once you quiet down and stare back at him once again.

"But seriously, though," he continued, "We have sex like 5 times or more on each of our anniversary nights, so we're supposed to be doing more now, don't you think?"

You only reply with a hum to agree with him. The nights you had been spending with him varies from having the long nights in comfortable silence, to making out all night with lazy kisses or intense lovemaking with chasing your climaxes over and over again until you were unable to stand on your own two feet in the next mornings. You are obviously completely addicted to having sex with him, his kisses are intoxicating, and his touches feels like fire on your skin. And you had imagined so many times before that tonight was going to be a lot more intense, after a few long weeks of stress and waiting so much for today's event to actually happen.

It was a long day after all. After the long weeks of preparations, the day was finally here. And it was beautiful. You blink your eyes to reminisce the event which happened earlier - the room that was decorated in all ivory drapes and peach coloured roses, lavender cupcakes on every corners of the ceremonial place, family members- yours and his - seating together with glasses of champagne and wine to accompany the reception meal, the piano was playing the music which you both love, the first dance that went a little clumsy but beautifully done, and the vows that you exchanged only moments before it.

Today was the day when you officially became Mrs. Min.

And the magical moments that were imprinted in your memory makes your heart flutters, repeating to yourself over and over again to finally admit that today actually happened, though it felt as if it flashed by faster than you had ever thought it would be, but indeed it happened. You are now officially married to him.

"Tonight will be the night in which I shall ravish you like never before, wife," was the words that he said the first time after you had done exchanging vows, the moment you started the first dance at the ceremony as husband and wife.

Mere words indeed, as in reality you are both laying weary on the bed that you had shared for many years, both of you are still wearing the outfits of the wedding - him in his white dress shirt with a few of its top buttons loosen and the crumpled pants suit with the same colour as his suit jacket that was long forgotten in the living room, you in the ivory lace vintage wedding dress that you had worn since daytime and the bun of your hair losing messily on top of the pillows.

It really was a beautiful day, but after the long preparations, the stress of having to set everything up by yourselves in the middle of your busy schedules, not to mention the long hours of the ceremony and the many guests that you had to meet through it all, the whole thing finally drained every energy in your body. And after all of the excitements faded away, all that is left now is a long yearning for a long sleep.

"We should get rid of these clothes first, at least," you whispered to him, feeling the drowsiness taking more control.

"Okay," he hummed as agreement, lazily taking off the buttons of his shirt with half-lidded eyes, later slowly getting up to let the shirt off his body and pushing away the pants off his legs.

At the same time you sit up on the bed, taking all of the painful hairpins off your hair until they all fall loosely around your shoulders, and you turn around after fidgeting on the zipper at the back of the dress and failing to unzip them. "Help me," you whined at him, earning a light chuckle from him before scooting forward to reach a better angle and help you pull the zipper down.

He takes his time, pulling them and leaving out soft kisses on the skin along your spine as the zipper slowly opens, until he reaches the bottom edge. You shake the dress off from your body, giggling at the ticklish touch of his lips on your skin, and then you let him help take your underwear off one by one.

He pulls your bare body backwards, pressing your back against his chest. "How about a quick shower to freshen up?" he whispered, kissing softly at your earlobe.

You nod your head and whisper, "Okay," letting him wrap his arm around your torso while you rest your head on his chest, before he pulls you carefully by the hands, taking you with him to the bathroom.

A few moments later you are standing underneath the shower, warm water falling down to soak both of your bodies, your tensed nerves relaxing slowly with the touch of his fingers on your skin when he applies soap on your body with light massages, and the headaches you were having are slowly subsiding the moment you wash your hair - and of course, with the help of his caring hands. And you reward him by doing the same, helping him to clean his body, touching him gently under the running water while applying soap and pressing our palms gently to lightly massage him back.

He tends to you carefully, while whispering softly each time he leans down to touch or kiss you, "You looked so beautiful today. I love you so much." And every single time you would whisper to him words of I love you's, earning continuous humming or a kiss as an answer.

The two of you soon return to the bedroom, with you in his arms being carried as a new bride, and he places you carefully onto the bed, before he joins to lay down right beside you. He leans down, pulling you close to him to make it easier for the two of you to share your love with lazy kisses and gentle touches. He holds you by your waist, one hand holding your face, and your hands on his face, caressing his cheeks and chin as you kiss him back, over and over again.

"God, I love you, so- damn- much," he whispered between his kisses, "And I am so- fucking- tired."

You giggled at the corner of his lips. "Let us rest for now, cause we both need it. I'm not going anywhere anyway."

"You are right. We should sleep," he purred while pressing his lips on your palms. "Goodnight, my beloved wife."

He scoots closer, letting you to pull him into your embrace and rests his head on your chest, just right above the warmth of your breast.

"Goodnight, my dear husband," you whispered, only seconds before you drift away into slumber.

❈❈❈