Long Black Hair: Gajeel

Name: Lalana Redfox
Age:5

Lalana POV

I sat quietly next to my papa and sipped on my chocolate and iron milkshake, everyone was running around talking about some kind of "S" thing. I watched Miss Levy walk up to papa asking for his help, he got really tense but he said yes.

Gajeel POV

I sighed, Levy had asked me to be her partner for the S-class trials. That means Lalana would have to stay here, I rarely leave her behind. Thankfully Makarov had a room set up for her for when I do have to leave her behind, I glanced at my little girl and smiled. "Hey brat, your papa has to leave for a few days to help the bookworm. So you're gonna be staying here until I get back." I watched her nod as I stood, lifting her up to take her home and pack some bags for her and myself. I hated leaving her after her mother's death but I had to.

7 year gap brought by Tenrou

Age: 12
Gajeel POV

I sat at a table in my old corner, we had got back an hour ago. Macao had told me that Lalana had left for a walk just before we got back, when he said we had been gone 7 years my heart sank.

Lalana POV

I kicked and screamed as the large officer carried me back to the guild, I had bruises on my arms and stomach from my fight a few minutes ago. As he opened the door he sat me down, I watched Macao approach us. "What happened this time?" I could feel someone's eyes on me but I ignored it, I wasn't in the mood. As the officer left Macao turned to me, obviously not happy. "Lalana, you can't just fight everyone who says something to you." I crossed my arms and let out a "tch" as I growled and went to my corner to sit.

Gajeel POV

I watched her go to a dark corner across from me, she was putting in her head phones and staring at the table. "She's been like this for 3 years now, if someone says something she doesn't like she attacks them." I listened to Macao explain things to Makarov, my eyes widened when I heard her growl when someone got close. What happened while I was gone? Her black hair was a tangled mess as it covered her face, I watched her stand and go to what I was told was the guild's new training area. A cold realization struck me, she was acting just like I did in my phantom lord days. That had me worried, I followed her and watched at a distance. She had plugged her sound pod into a lachrima stereo, I remembered the song as something her mother used to listen to. I don't remember the band but the song title made me chuckle, it was something like "I will sleep when I am dead" (all rights belong to Set it off)

Lalana POV

I began to sing as I did my basic work out before switching to practice my magic, turning my arm into a jagged blade before I attacked a dummy and began hacking away. I was panting by the time I finished, the dummy had been turned to mulch. I pushed my hair back and placed it in a high ponytail, the fresh air felt good on my neck and back.

Gajeel POV

I watched her brush back her ankle length hair, she had fresh: cuts, bruises, scratches
and scars on her body, it pissed me off to know someone hurt my little girl. I looked closely and noticed a series of iron studs that wrapped around her throat, as well as several going down her forearms and one at each corner of her mouth. That surprised me, I would have never thought my daughter would get piercings. Then it set in, she wasn't my baby girl anymore, she went 7 years without me or Lilly. "Lala..."I spoke loud enough for her to hear me, though when a dagger flew past me I tensed. "Don't call me..." she stopped as her crimson orbs met mine, her eyes widening.

Lalana POV

I felt so many emotions hit me at once; sadness, relief, longing, disbelief, pain and finally anger, I clenched my fist and glared at him, watching his eyes widen. "What do you want..?" I tried to keep my voice cold as I poured in as much venom as I could, I noticed it caught him off guard. "Came to check on my baby girl." A sudden pain struck me as I stepped away, I threw another dagger at him and cut his cheek. "Don't give me that shit! We both know you didn't care about me, you abandoned me to bed that blue haired whore!" I watched the hurt flash in his eyes as I looked away, I was shaking now as I fought tears.

Gajeel POV

My eyes widened at her outburst, she knows I love her and her mother so I don't know where this is coming from. Though I could see the pain in her eyes, I watched her turn her back to me. "Just leave me alone...I don't need you..." I could hear her voice breaking, walking up behind her I hugged her tightly. I could smell her tears as I rested my chin on her head, her body was shaking. "Let me explain..." she turned and shoved me away, I was surprised to see she looked just like me. "There's nothing to explain, you left me. Every day I was shoved around by other kids, being told my mother was just a cheap lay to you and I was the unfortunate out come...I shoved everyone away, I couldn't help but hate everything cause it made me think of you. Made me think of how you abandoned me for a bitchy bluenette." I sighed and pulled her close, this time I wasn't gonna let her go. "I love you and your mother, Levy is just a friend and I feel nothing for her. I promise you Lala..."

Lalana POV

I cried into his chest as he explained everything, I was shaking near violently. "I'm sorry papa...I've really let you down I guess..." I could feel him rub my back, I was starting to get sleepy. "You didn't, it wasn't your fault. I'll never leave you again I promise, I have 7 years to make up for." I hugged him tightly and yawned, I was still a lot smaller than him so he was easily able to pick me up. "Let's go home." I simply nodded and began dozing off.

Makarov POV

The rest of the guild and I had been watching to see, I hated the fact one of my children suffered for 7 years. I know that now things will be different, not just for the pair in front of us but everyone. I know that no matter what everything will be ok now.