Blonde Low Ponytail: Rufus

Name: Solara
Age: 6
Solara POV

I sat on my father's lap, we were in the guild working on my memory skills. Uncle Orga was showing me flash cards, daddy wants me to have a wide vocabulary so I had to know the definitions. "Ok Solara, how about this one." He showed me a long word and all I could do was stare at it, I bit my lip nervously and started to get fidgety. I've seen the word before in miss Yukino's black book, though I never figured out what it meant.

Rufus POV

I sighed as she began to get fidgety, I ran my fingers through her hair. "Let's take a break, you've done good and we've been at it for hours." Really it's only been an hour and a half but she's worked hard, I can't say I'm disappointed cause she is smart for her age. I smiled as she gave a nod, I removed a red ribbon from my pocket. "Now let's get your hair out of your face." With that I began to place her hair in a low ponytail, she truly was my world. "Hey Rufus, why don't we take a job. Me, you and Sole. It would do good to get her use to traveling." I looked to Orga, I've never taken Solara on a job with me. After thinking it over I nodded. "Okay, nothing over 2 weeks or to dangerous." I smiled a bit as I looked to Solara, she was obviously excited. After 5 minutes Orga came back from the job board, flier in hand. "How about this one?" He slid the flier to me, picking it up I read over it. 'mages needed to watch house, 50,000 jewel.' I sat the flier down and nodded. "Sounds good, I'm gonna take Solara and pack our bags. I'll meet you back here in an hour." I stood and set Solara on the ground, we left the guild hand in hand.

Time skip 4 hours
Job already started
Orga POV

The clients had already left, we'd be staying in this mansion for a week. The sun was setting and Solara was asleep on the large couch, the train ride really took it out of her. I smiled a bit as Rufus walked over to pick her up, we were each given a guest room but Rufus wanted her in his room in case something happened.

Rufus POV

I carried Solara up stairs, I set her down on the large bed and smiled. Even if it was a simple job anything could happen, I grabbed my bag and went to the bathroom to change.

Time skip 3 years
Age:9
Solara POV

I sat in front of Sting as he tried to read a book, I would let my magic flare and make him forget what he had just read. My father was at the bar with uncle Orga and I was bored, though it didn't take long for Sting to realize what I was doing. "Ok that's it!" When I stood I let my magic flare and took off running, I had bought myself a 10 second head start.

Rufus POV

I heard Orga chuckle to my left, turning I followed his line of sight and watched Sting chase my daughter. "She's been using her magic to mess with him for the last 5 minutes, maybe we should take her on a job to get out the built up energy." I laughed a bit and nodded before grabbing my daughter when she ran by, I chuckled as she pouted. "Time to apologize so we can go pack, we are going on a job." I watched her face light up at the word "job", she spun around to face Sting. "I'm sorry for messing with you while you tried to read, now let's go dad!" I chuckled as she tugged me out of the guild, she truly was a handful but I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.