Long Dark Blue: Macao

Name: Miasma
                      Age:6

Miasma sat in the guild hall, her father was on a job and Romeo was supposed to be watching her. Instead he brought her to the guild and ditched her to go see Wendy, like usual. Miasma was a shy girl, always too afraid to make friends and because of that she was always alone. She sighed staring at the table as she listened to everyone talk around her. "Hey there squirt, mind if I sit here?" Miasma looked up, she knew the voice well. "S-sure, Gajeel." The large man nodded and that down beside her, he felt bad for Miasma. He knew what it was like to be too scared to get close to anyone. "So kid how has school been?" Miasma shrugged, playing with her hair. "Bad, I keep getting picked on because I don't have friends..." She sighed, curling up "What are you want about? You have plenty of friends, you got the whole guild. Who wants to be friends with a bunch of brats like them anyways." Miasma giggled some, Gajeel smirked and stood up "That's better, now let's go bug Mira for some ice cream." The small girl nodded and stood up Gajeel held her tiny hand and his own leading her to the bar.

          Time skip 10 years
                Age: 16

"I am proud to pronounce Miasma as the newest addition to the S-Class roster!" Miasma cheered, hugging Gajeel . He had trained with her and was her partner for the tournament, everyone could only smile. Ever since that day all those years ago Gajeel helped her come out of her shell, he even formed a team with her. Levy thought it was adorable, seeing such a big guy watch over and help a little girl. "Thank you Gajeel, you're the best!" Macao is watching from the crowd, what no one knew was Macao had asked Gajeel to watch over Miasma. He had no idea such a close friendship would form out of it. At the time he had been too busy working to be the father he should have, but that was going to change. Macao waited until the celebration was over, he approached Miasma. "Hey Mi-mi how about we go on a vacation? Just you and me, its been awhile since we had some Daddy Daughter time." Miasma smiled, noder quickly. "Sure daddy, where to?" Macao held up tickets to the latest Island Resort, Miasma cheered and nodded before running off to pack of her bags.

              Time skip 2 days
             At the resort

"Finally here!" Macao stepped off the train stretching, Miasma got off behind him giggling. "Thanks for bringing me here dad." Macao chuckled, shrug in a bit. "It's the least I could do, I haven't been much of a father. Working all the time, barely having time for you." Miasma smiled, walking with him to the resort. "Its fine dad you had to make sure Romeo could handle himself on jobs I understand." Miasma turn to face him, walking backwards in front of him. "Though I do have to ask, why Gajeel?" Macao almost tripped, he stumbled over his words. "How did you... What do you mean?" Miasma rolled her eyes, smiling widely. "Don't play dumb, Gajeel told me everything." Macao sighed, scratching the back of his neck. He stopped walking, so did Miasma. "I didn't know how to help you, I was worried I'd make things worse. I chose Gajeel because he used to be that way. But because he was alone he just learned to throw up a wall and act tough. I figured he'd know best how to help you open up." Miasma smiled and walked up to him, hugging him tightly. "Thank you daddy." She then released him and took off running laughing the whole way "Now hurry up gramps!" Macao chuckled walking behind her. "Ya goof, you missed the turn..."