151

I lay on my side. The wall opposite me was dark, hidden, a little moonlight seeping in through the window on the far wall, like an ethereal hand reaching in and wrapping its silver fingers around the night. I missed home. I missed Australia. I missed the familiarity of it, the cyclical, stable rotation of days into nights and then days again.

I turned, the sheets rustling, my breath filtering out through my lips softly in a light sigh. It was cold in the dorm, my sheets pulled up to my chin, doona nestling my body inside like a kind of makeshift cocoon. I curled an uncurled my toes, trying to convince myself to sleep.

But my brain had other ideas. My head was spinning with the previous few hours, back and forth, thoughts and moments turning themselves over. Longing ached in my chest. I remember our moment up by the bar, his hand on my waist, extending and covering most of my lower back. His lips against the side of my face, hot breath on my cheek. I hadn't been that close to Dan in a long time, and I'd forgotten how natural it felt. I turned over in my bed again, hurt nipping at my insides. I drew myself into the pile of sheets and blankets further, my knees up, squeezing my toes together.

Guilt was also eating away at me. I felt for Bess. I didn't know her particularly well, and what I did know I didn't like all that much, but she was still a girl who felt very real things towards Dan, and here I was ripping that out from under her. I groaned, burying my face into the pillow.

After another twenty minutes of tumultuous tossing and turning but no sleep, I reached out to my bedside table, sifting around for my phone. I scrolled through Tumblr for a while, and then Twitter. As the clock reached three-thirty my eyes began to droop, so before I went to sleep, I sent out a quick tweet.

@phanoclock

Goodnight friends. Sleep well, and may tomorrow be better than today x

3:35 a.m. 

a/n

THANK GOD I CAN FINALLY UPDATE UGH

wattpad was having a hissy fit with me :( sorry for the lack of update and that this one is so short x

also apparently you're only allowed 200 parts so going to have to wrap this baby up soon! sadness *cri*

see you soon for the next part!

p.s. i change the last few hundred words of the last chapter, if you haven't seen the new bit as of now please give it a quick read so all future events will make more sense :)

xx