Chapter 9.5

"Good luck, Ace," I called to her on her way out.  "May the odds be ever in your favor," I added, imitating Effie from The Hunger Games.

I had hoped that wouldn't be the case, but my mother could be so unpredictable.  Rory shot me a slightly dirty look.

"Logan!" she chastised.

I caught her just before she went out the door and gave her a sweet kiss.  I flashed one last smile before she closed the door behind her.  I can only hope this isn't the happiest spot of her day.  God, please don't let my mom ruin this for her!  I hoped Honor would keep her reined in.

-I'd really hate for this to be an upsetting experience for Rory.  Please, make sure to keep Mom in check and keep me posted!

Will do, Little Brother!  I'm sure I can keep Mom mostly distracted with the shopping!

-Thank, Honor!  I owe you one!

I grab my laptop and try to get some work done.  I need to stay on top of my game.  Besides, it was nice to work from home, so long as I didn't have Rory as a distraction.  She makes it hard for me to concentrate.  I want to devote every minute to her, fulfill her every need (in and out of the bedroom).  We could talk for hours about anything and everything.  She's my everything, and I'm damn luck to have her back in my life!

I turn on some background music, and settle into a good groove for about three hours.  I needed a break from the grind, and I just remembered I needed to remind the guys about suits for the wedding.  I had decided that a tux was just too formal.

-Just wanted to send everyone a little reminder about making sure your suits are ready to go for next weekend.

Colin: Do you think we'd forget something this important?!  Mother would kill us!  I still liked my idea better!  We should have gotten pastel tuxes with matching ruffled shirts!  It's a rather inspired suggestion, don't you think?

-Um, no, Colin, and dressing like characters from Dumb and Dumber sounds just as the title suggests!

Robert: I thought we should go more formal with top hats and tails.  It's much more appealing, and looks better with the gorilla masks.

-You know Rory better than that, Robert.  And for the last time: NO GORILLA MASKS!

Finn: I don't know why we're even bothering.  You know they'll just come off in an hour anyway!

-Contrary to persona belief, not everyone wants to see you naked, Finn!

-Just make sure your suits are ready to go, ok?

Robert: You certainly are a demanding one.

Colin: You got it.

Finn: Right, Mate.

I grabbed something to eat and sat back down to do a little more work.  I felt like I was always playing catch-up since taking over for my dad.  At least I had some extra time today to take care of some of it.

-How are things going with Rory and Mom?

Good, but we're not having any luck finding a dress.  Mom's actually been fairly civil, and unusually quiet thus far.  Lunch is over and we're headed to our last stop for the day.  Wish us luck!

I guess quiet is better than fighting, but the day isn't over yet.  I decided to put the work away for a while and distract myself with some Netflix.  I felt myself starting to relax.  My eyelids were very heavy right before I fell asleep.