➳3➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

Gray's eyes scanned behind Natsu for awhile before half-whispering, "There she is. That's the target." Natsu turned around to lay eyes on an anxious blonde who followed a scarlet haired friend around and scuffled with a red solo cup.

Natsu smirked and lit his cigarette before slipping the tobacco filled stick in between his curved lips, inhaled then exhaled, to allow a fast evaporating cloud swirl around him. Now that smell makes me happy.

"I'll fetch myself a girlfriend in no time. No time at all."

~~~

Natsu watched Lucy carefully, planning out how he was going to get her attention. He noticed that she would gaze around as in fear of being kidnapped. She obviously didn't like being here any more than Natsu.

After awhile, Natsu followed her outside where she sat at an old swing set that had grape vines climbing up the the metal poles and decided to introduce himself. He tossed his 3rd cigarette in the grass and stomped on it to let the spark die out before making his way up to Lucy.

"And why might a girl like you be out here at this time?" He asked, making her figure jump. She turned around, her waist-length hair messily being caught up in the soft breeze.

"Are you coming from the Fullbuster party?" Natsu asked while he sat on the rusty swing next to her.

"Yeah, I uh, I'm not the best in parties." Lucy stuttered. Natsu agreed and started  subtly swinging in sync with Lucy as Natsu broke the faint silence. 

"You're Lucy Heartfilia right?" Lucy looked his way and nodded, her brown eyes landing on him. He noticed a lot of things about Lucy, and another thing he noticed was that her eyes didn't scan him like the girls he usually hooked up with and saw. She stared him in the eyes with such sincerity, it almost scared him.

"My name is Natsu Dragneel." He holds out his hand in a greeting manner, and she politely takes his hand. "I know who you are, I'm pretty sure everybody does at Fairy Tail High." Lucy says, looking away casually and up at the stars. It reminded Natsu what Gray had said.

"You like the stars?" Natsu asked. Lucy made a small smile and said in a tiny whisper, "Yeah, they're mesmerizing." Natsu star gazed with Lucy and thought that if he could at least remember one constellation he learned in Science, he could impress her enough to be acquainted. Maybe I can find Leo the Lion.

He searched the sky for a minute before finding the pattern. "There's Leo." He pointed at the constellation, and he knew he'd surprised Lucy because her head snapped to face him. "How do you know the constellations?" Natsu chuckled and looked at Lucy's brown eyes. "I don't know all of them." Her eyes sparkled with interest and she said, "But not a lot of people know the constellations." Natsu shrugged and started swinging softly on his swing again. "I guess I'm just special."

And that made Lucy smile a smile Natsu hadn't seen in a long time.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ