➳9➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

Natsu gaped and almost slammed his hands on the desk and said, MY fault?! What the hell are you talking about!? YOU AND GRAY came up with this plan!

Sting glared at Natsu and turned his head away from Natsu like a kid, signaling that this conversation was over.

Natsu shook his head and rested his head on his folded arms, waiting for the sweet words of release.

But, he had some time to see what he could do with Lucy afterwards, so that's good.

~~~

When Natsu walked out of detention, he was surprised to see Lucy outside.

There she laid with her backpack, peacefully napping in the afternoon Sun.

Natsu chuckled and stared at her for a little bit before he heard Sting approach him from behind and stop.

"Shh." Natsu motioned to Sting. Sting glanced at Lucy and smiled gently.

They watched the blonde sleep in silence.

Then Natsu whispered, "Honestly, do you love her?" He could see Sting freeze and hesitate.

"Yes,"

He clenched his fists and continued. "What kind of idiotic question is that?" Natsu growled and stared at Sting with seriousness, "When I break up with her, you swear to take care of her." Sting, baffled, looked at Natsu.

"What are you sayin--"

"Take. Care. Of. Her." Natsu's patience was almost at it's limit with Sting. He got him a detention and now he's acting all surprised for no damn reason.

"Alright, jeez."

Sting went home, no longer wanting to infuriate Natsu, while he kept looking at Lucy.

Natsu, being the softie he is, sat down beside her and set down his backpack on the side of him that didn't face Lucy, and leaned against the wall to wait for her to wake up. She waited for him, now he'll wait for her.

He wanted to stroke her hair so badly and hug her, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. He simply grinned and cuddled close to Lucy enough to be comfortable but not freaky.

Then he dozed off.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ