➳4➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

He searched the sky for a minute before finding the pattern. "There's Leo." He pointed at the constellation, and he knew he'd surprised Lucy because her head snapped to face him. "How do you know the constellations?" Natsu chuckled and looked at Lucy's brown eyes. "I don't know all of them." Her eyes sparkled with interest and she said, "But not a lot of people know the constellations." Natsu shrugged and started swinging softly on his swing again. "I guess I'm just special."

And that made Lucy smile a smile Natsu hadn't seen in a long time.

~~~

Natsu had the hardest time trying to find Lucy at school on Monday morning. Is this why he never noticed her?

He checked the cafeteria, her homeroom, even the girls locker room, but came up with nothing. Every day counted if he wanted to get this whole month of dating her over with.

After searching and searching, he finally found her in the library. Which he face palmed himself for because, well, she's a bookworm and books are in libraries.

She sat unfazed by the low chattering among students around her, her nose stuck in a thick paged book.

Natsu attempted to not scare her with his entrance, and it fortunately worked since she looked up and stared at him.

"Since when does the baller beau come down to the library?" She asked in a teasing tone. Natsu softly scoffed and stuffed his hands in his black skinny jean pockets before retorting, "Hey, give me some grace, I need to balance out social life and school life and it just so happens that the library is just too tight of a fit in my life to do."

Lucy gave him a slight giggle and Natsu chuckled with her. "Am I right?" He asks. Lucy nods and pats the seat next to her.

"I figure since you're trying to ask me out, we'll need to know each other better." Natsu looks at her, taken aback. "W-what? Nah, I'm just tryna socialize with people... not my class." He lies. Like that's a good excuse to cover it up.

Lucy rolls her eyes and pats the seat next to her again while explaining, "Nobody like me gets acquainted that easily with a High School Sweetheart like you." Natsu nods in defeat and sits down, intertwining his fingers with each other and glancing at Lucy.

"Do you mind me giving you a night of dinner?" He asks in a gentleman tone. Lucy smiles and says,

"I'll think about it."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ