➳6➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

"Thanks, I wasn't really heavy on the makeup, though." She said in a tone that made Natsu think that she thought he wanted her to wear makeup.

Like hell he does.

Natsu gave Mrs. Heartfilia a simple wave and promised to keep Lucy safe for the date until sitting in his driver's seat and looking at Lucy.

"You all ready for tonight?"

"Ready."

~~~
The first part of the date, the movie, actually was a bust. Natsu and Lucy decided to sit on top his car and he fell over it. Twice. Then when he tried to hold Lucy's hand she pulled away. Although, Natsu didn't think it was on purpose.

But the dinner part was great! Winnsboro was tasty and then the couple had danced along to an old Elvis song on the Jukebox.

Now, for Natsu's favorite part.

They climbed to the rooftop of Winnsboro with a blanket wrapped around Lucy and sat down beside each other. Then, they looked up.

Millions on top of millions of stars danced in the sky. "Look!" A shooting star sped across the sky and Lucy's finger followed it with a huge smile. "Make a wish." Lucy closed her eyes and Natsu copied her and whispered in his mind, I wish that I'll be successful. And his eyes fluttered open again. He knew it wasn't the most interesting wish, but it was true. He wanted to be successful in not only his career but a relationship, house, everything.

After a long time of pointing out stars and planets and talking about school and how much they hate Ms. Aquarius and Mr. Clive, Lucy fell asleep on Natsu's shoulder. Natsu smiled drowsily and laid his head on her gently.

He didn't want to fall in love with Lucy, he already had someone in mind. He just couldn't help it. She was so into just a good conversation and her eyes showed sincerity. But he fell in love with her because when Natsu finally got to hold her hand and give her a hug, it was like they were meant for each other. Lucy perfectly fits her head in the crook of his neck, her hands fit in his perfectly, and the warmth of their bodies was the perfect temperature.
Now, Natsu knew it sounded weird, but he also could feel the heartbeat of him and Lucy. And they both beat at the same time. He loved it.

Natsu gave into falling in love with Lucy. Even if he only knew her for a week, he loved her. But, it still hit him in the head like a bullet that he would have to break up with her to win the dare.

How the hell was he supposed to do that?

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ