➳11➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

She looked lost in her own eyes, staring at the ground. Then she looked at Natsu. He was afraid that he had read her expression wrong and she really didn't want to kiss him. But her lips curled into a soft smile and she whispered, "Your lips are soft." Natsu and Lucy laughed and he teased, "Did you think they were chapped or something?" Lucy shook her head and through hiccups of laughs said, "It just amazes me. It's my first kiss and someone who I had liked for a long time stole my first kiss."

Then Natsu's heart sank.

He stole her first kiss, and he still has to break up with her. What is wrong with him? He'd been so selfish between keeping Lucy and showing that he's not going to lose against Gray's dare.

~~~

Natsu paced back and forth in his room, and Wendy, his little sister, had come in a few times with a worried expression, but said nothing.

After pacing for a long enough time to where he thought he might burn a line into his carpet, he laid on his bed, guilt still rubbed on him.

He liked Lucy, he really did, but he wanted to date Lisanna and he didn't want to lose to a petty dare. This wasn't a situation where it was two birds and a stone, and Natsu always seemed to have that situation where he got two things rather than one. That's how it always was.

In all honesty, he was more worried about Gray boasting about beating him.

But the only beating Gray was going to get was Natsu beating his ass.

Natsu settled with Lucy being a temporary crush that would soon go away, and left the whole situation alone. She was just another obstacle.

But his gut told him otherwise.

"No. She's an obstacle. An obstacle." Natsu protested with himself, hitting his head on a pillow. He growled and then sighed with defeat.

He really did like her, but he liked Lisanna. I hate this, why did I even go to that damn party anyway?

Natsu couldn't help it, he was drawn to Lucy. So he called up Gray.

A few rings on the phone and then he picked up, and before Gray could speak Natsu spoke first.

"Idon'twanttobreakupwithLucyIsurrenderinthedare." Natsu said in one breath. Gray stayed silent and then laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Natsu scowled through the phone, and it only made Gray laugh harder.

"That was the whole point of the dare idiot." Gray said, finally calming down.

"That's why Sting was so upset! He had asked out Lucy at the party and she turned him down."

Natsu breathed through his nose and said, "I have to go man, I need to talk to Sting." Then hung up.

Then, he dared to dial Sting's number and it rang for a longer time than Gray, but he finally answered.

"What?"

"Sting, I want to keep Lucy."

"Figured."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry does nothing asshole."

Then the line went dead. But Natsu didn't care, he knew in the next few hours he was going to find some chick all the way in California who gets paid to sleep with guys soon enough.

He decided to regain his cool and talk to Lucy tomorrow, and he didn't have her number so it wouldn't change anything anyway.

Happy with his decision, he slipped into bed and kept his lamp on to read manga and swipe through Instagram before passing out.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ