➳13➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

"Leave." Was all Natsu had to say for the students to stop gaping and continue on with their lives. A few helped the unconscious boy to the nurse and a few others stayed to get things from their lockers. Natsu stormed out the glass doors of his high school and started running. He didn't care where his legs were taking him, he just ran. They burn they burn they burn. And She's gone, you're an asshole. Ran through his head faster than he was running, but he still huffed and ran on.

What have I done? Was the last thing he said in his mind before he turned his brain off and punched a wall.

What have I done?

~~~

Natsu walked home in the dark, the only lighting being the street lights, and kept thinking about Lucy.

How the hell was he supposed to get her back?

Who even told Lucy about the bet?

He thought and thought as he walked, and he didn't know where he was going, so he bumped into someone.

He couldn't see who it was from the dark, but he scrambled to help the person up.

"I am so sorry, I just was thinking and--" Then Natsu couldn't breathe.

There was Lucy, on her butt in the middle of the sidewalk, her tear-soaked face illuminated by an orange street light. She wiped her face and muttered, "I'm fine." Then smacked Natsu's hand away.

He wanted to say something, anything, but he couldn't bring himself to, until he squeaked, "I didn't want to do the bet."

Lucy stared up at him, still on the ground, and choked, "Then why didn't you warn me, asshole?" Natsu swallowed and gave her a look saying "I don't know".

Lucy sniffled and stood up to walk away, but Natsu grabbed her wrist.

"Please.. I mean it when I say it. I'm sorry."

Lucy stood there with stone cold eyes.

Then she relaxed, as if she felt bad for him. Had she forgiven him? Did she notice that he really did love her?

"You can't fix mistakes like this." She wiped dirt off her skirt and walked away silently.

That night, Natsu depressingly thought his way into sleep.