➳12➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

Then the line went dead. But Natsu didn't care, he knew in the next few hours he was going to find some chick all the way in California who gets paid to sleep with guys soon enough.

He decided to regain his cool and talk to Lucy tomorrow, and he didn't have her number so it wouldn't change anything anyway.

Happy with his decision, he slipped into bed and kept his lamp on to read manga and swipe through Instagram before passing out.

~~~

Natsu was frantically rushing through the busy halls of Fairy Tail and when he finally found Lucy, a breath of relief left him.

But as he approached her, her normal aura he felt around her was different, making him falter for a bit, but he pushed the feeling to the back of his mind and walked up to her.

"Hey Luce--"

"Don't touch me." Lucy hissed. People around him and Lucy stopped to see what was wrong and Natsu swallowed. He never saw her like this before.

"What's wrong? Are--are you okay?" Natsu stammered worriedly. Lucy shut her locker and kept her free hand on it, not looking at him.

"You bastard are asking me what's wrong?" She muttered. He had no idea what was going on.

"What do you mean--"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Lucy yelled. Natsu stumbled back as Lucy whirled around, anger in her eyes.

"Luce.."

"I don't give a damn about what you think anymore. I thought you loved me, Natsu. How could you? You played with my feelings." Lucy slapped Natsu across the face and his head snapped to the right, making everyone watching, gasp.

Then it hit him harder than her hand.

Someone had told her about the dare.

Natsu relaxed his muscles in guilt as he stared down at a fuming 5'6 girl with tears in her eyes. He gulped and whispered, "I'm sorry."

Lucy growled and screamed in his face, "Do you think a simple sorry will do? Huh? Because listen Mister Popular, I am not a toy you play with. I am not someone you swoop up just to get in my pants and leave me behind, and I am definitely not a girl who could possibly fall in love with someone who thinks they can say 'sorry' after playing with their partner's emotions just because of a dare! All you popular boys who think it's a game to date someone and think you rule this high school need to go see a therapist because it won't matter in college who you got pregnant or who you were. Why do you people do these things? There's no use behind it!"

Then, with a good kick in Natsu's groin, Lucy stomped away with her books and left Natsu groaning on the floor.

"Well, she did have a good point."

"Poor girl, she probably had never gotten her feelings played with before."

"No, she's dated a few guys back in her first year here."

"Who cares? I care that Natsu had done that. What a bastard."

The chatter of the remaining crowd flooded Natsu's ears and after awhile, he snapped.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!" Natsu stood and grabbed a boy that last insulted him by his shirt collar and slammed him into the ground. Everyone screamed as the boy's head hit the ground and he passed out on the floor, unconscious. Natsu huffed and whipped his head around, staring holes into everyone's foreheads.

"Leave." Was all Natsu had to say for the students to stop gaping and continue on with their lives. A few helped the unconscious boy to the nurse and a few others stayed to get things from their lockers. Natsu stormed out the glass doors of his high school and started running. He didn't care where his legs were taking him, he just ran. They burn they burn they burn. And She's gone, you're an asshole. Ran through his head faster than he was running, but he still huffed and ran on.

What have I done? Was the last thing he said in his mind before he turned his brain off and punched a wall.

What have I done?

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ