➳17➳

~Previously on HTCAG~
Lucy fought and fought until he guessed that his kiss took her over and she made it deeper. After a minute, they pulled apart, and Lucy glanced at Natsu's lips as if she wanted to kiss them again. Then her eyes widened and she flung back.

"No! I-i-i-i I have a boyfriend! I can't do this--"

"But you just did?" Natsu more wanted a statement than a question tone.

Lucy looked at Natsu and gave him a worried expression. "I'm sorry." Natsu simply sighed in defeat and walked off, knowing he had no other way to convince her.

"What the--" Natsu was then slammed into the ground with a fist and his head spun as he his eyes fluttered closed, a blur of blonde leaning over him until he passed out.
~~~
Shkkkkk... Kshhh. Natsu opened his eyes slowly as he was greeted with bright rays of light. Am I dead? Natsu thought as he kept focusing on the light.

He finally regained his sight and saw a flourescent light sit above him and he turned his head, only to have excruciating pain shoot from his skull down to his hands.

"awm shmt." Natsu cursed through a breath mask, clutching the back of his head. He then understood. He was in the hospital. And slowly, he started to remember why. He was slammed against the ground right after being rejected terribly by Lucy.

Natsu ripped off the mask and sat up cautiously and looked around. Then he looked at a digital clock that read the date and time. He hadn't been in the hospital for too long, only three days, but he woke up at the butt crack of dawn, 4:32 am.

Natsu sighed and kept looking around before startling himself in the mirror. He had gauze wrapped around his head and his nose was badly twisted. Whoever threw me down hit me hard enough to crack my head open and break my nose.

Natsu forced himself up and walked over to the door.

"Whoa~" he lightly was pulled back by a cord and he took all his IV tubes and finger clip off and continued out the door, where nurses and doctors still bustled.

"Mr. Dragneel, you should not be up." A nurse scolded, pushing him back into the room he woke up in.

"But--"
"No buts! You have a serious injury from the incident. You're lucky your girlfriend saved you!" She kept pushing him until he got into bed and she put all the IV tubes and finger clip back on before checking to see if everything was working fine.

"What girlfriend?" Natsu asked quizzically. The nurse explained while she was taking care of Natsu, wrapping his head with fresh gauze and wiping his nose from a random nosebleed.

"Apparently, your girlfriend had a different boyfriend and you kissed her. So he saw you do that and got mad at you, making him throw you onto the concrete," she stopped to check off a few things off a clipboard and continued.

"Then she called 911, explained the situation, and he ran away. He wasn't arrested though." Natsu took in the information and watched as the Nurse paced back and forth, tweaking machines and checking IVs.

"She came here everyday after school hours asking if you were fine and informed me that her boyfriend had now broken up and he was suspended from class." Natsu sighed and leaned forward to rest his head in his hands.

"Ah ah ah. You can't do that." She immediately raised his head and Natsu huffed.

"How bad is it?" He asked. The nurse didn't respond quickly, but answered simply, "You had to get staples and you have a concussion, no damage to the brain or much to the skull. Be lucky that guy had some grace."

Natsu looked down at his hands, which  were kind of shaky and whispered, "Like hell he had grace."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᴥᵔ