➳5➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

Lucy rolls her eyes and pats the seat next to her again while explaining, "Nobody like me gets acquainted that easily with a High School Sweetheart like you." Natsu nods in defeat and sits down, intertwining his fingers with each other and glancing at Lucy.

"Do you mind me giving you a night of dinner?" He asks in a gentleman tone. Lucy smiles and says,

"I'll think about it."

~~~

Natsu was on a roll.

He had figured out what to do during his date with Lucy by gathering all sorts of information from both Gray and Sting. Also by not stalking, but rather gathering important information by watching Lucy and her friends' conversations very closely. He had all he needed to get her for a month. But he still kept in mind that he wouldn't go overboard so the impact of breaking up with her wouldn't be too harsh.

With Lucy's interests in space and philosophy, Natsu decided to take her to a drive-in movie about stars before taking her to a restaurant called "Winsboro", a cafe that was set in the 60s with hamburgers and all sorts of other food. He loved that place and he knew Lucy did too from his snoop-- His research on her. She liked it because they were 1: Familiar with Lucy since her grandfather used to take her all the time and 2: They would let her stargaze at night on the roof. Therefore, that made a date that would definitely win Heartfilia's heart.

Natsu and Lucy agreed on picking her up at 6:00 PM so she'd have time to get home from her tutoring for Flare Corona, whoever that was, be able to get ready, and get to the movie on time. You'd think it took a lot of calculations, but with a nerd for a future one-month girlfriend, it took only 5 minutes flat.

When Natsu arrived, he was so glad he'd made it a minute before 6, because he just had to impress Lucy. He knew by the looks he didn't get from Lucy that she hadn't fallen for him.

Yet.

As soon as it turned 6:00, Natsu saw Lucy walk out of her home, kiss her mother goodbye (and probably set a time to be home since they exchanged a small talk) before meeting up with Natsu who was patiently leaning against his open passenger seat of his sleek silver Corolla. Natsu tried not to turn bright red when he saw Lucy. She was almost too stunning to be lovers with Natsu. Thick-rimmed glasses were replaced with contacts so her brown eyes sparkled a lighter brown, she wore barely any makeup, only mascara and lip gloss which made her lips look even softer than usual, and then her outfit. She was a curvy girl, but damn, she looked great in just a simple blouse-like tank, torn baby blue shorts and simple black flats.

Natsu cleared his throat in nervousness. He didn't want to break this girl's heart. Maybe he could call off the dare and... No. He had to do it. Plus, he had a girl he was going to ask out after her anyway.

"You are sure stunning." Natsu complimented while Lucy got into the passenger seat of his car.

"Thanks, I wasn't really heavy on the makeup, though." She said in a tone that made Natsu think that she thought he wanted her to wear makeup.

Like hell he does.

Natsu gave Mrs. Heartfilia a simple wave and promised to keep Lucy safe for the date until sitting in his driver's seat and looking at Lucy.

"You all ready for tonight?"

"Ready."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ