➳10➳

~Previously on HTCAG~
Natsu, being the softie he is, sat down beside her and set down his backpack on the side of him that didn't face Lucy, and leaned against the wall to wait for her to wake up. She waited for him, now he'll wait for her.

He wanted to stroke her hair so badly and hug her, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. He simply grinned and cuddled close to Lucy enough to be comfortable but not freaky.

Then he dozed off.
~~~
When Natsu woke up, he was really warm. And when he was half awake, he heard humming. Then he slowly opened his eyes to reveal him wrapped in the same blanket that Lucy had on their date and her reading a book and humming right beside him.

Natsu grunted and sat up, still groggy from falling asleep and rubbed his eyes.

"Good evening, Natsu." Lucy giggled. Natsu grinned and said back, "Good evening, miss Heartfilia."

Natsu suddenly had the urge to kiss her. He didn't ever have these urges. But just the way she giggled and the way she childishly sat leaning against her back pack and bouncing her leg that was on top of her other made Natsu go mad. So, he flat out asked her, "Can I kiss you?"

It wasn't the most romantic thing ever, but it was something. And he didn't make it awkward, he hoped.

Lucy sat there, wide-eyed and stared at her book.

"Um... Natsu... are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to ask." Natsu sat back casually as if he wasn't dying of embarrassment on the inside.

"Well... sure. On the cheek I guess.."

Natsu smiled and then chuckled.

"I'm kidding. I'm not going to force you."

Natsu glanced at Lucy and saw something that surprised him: She looked upset. Like she wanted to be kissed. Was she afraid? So, Natsu leaned in and swiftly grabbed her face gently and pulled her in for a kiss.

"W-mmph." Was all Lucy could manage and Natsu's lips pressed against hers. He could feel her relax a bit and go deeper in the kiss, but Natsu didn't want it to go too far and let go, pretending to be needing breath.

Then, he stared at Lucy.

He waited for her reaction.

She looked lost in her thoughts, staring at the ground. Then she looked at Natsu. He was afraid that he had read her expression wrong and she really didn't want to kiss him. But her lips curled into a soft smile and she whispered, "Your lips are soft." Natsu and Lucy laughed and he teased, "Did you think they were chapped or something?" Lucy shook her head and through hiccups of laughs said, "It just amazes me. It's my first kiss and someone who I had liked for a long time stole my first kiss."

Then Natsu's heart sank.

He stole her first kiss, and he still has to break up with her. What is wrong with him? He'd been so selfish between keeping Lucy and showing that he's not going to lose against Gray's dare.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ