➳16➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

"Lucy, you can't--"
"I know! But what other choice do I have? I didn't like anybody else but you! Now, Sting is all I can choose at the moment." Natsu could tell she was crying from her shivering and sniffling and engulfed her into a deeper hug. Lucy gripped Natsu's hands and he sadly smiled. "Y-you lied to me and I trusted you." She cried. Natsu decided to not talk and to listen for once as she spilled her feelings. "God dammit I loved you. Ever since Freshman year, and yet, you stab me in the front and tear me up." She said that sentence in a poetic way that made Natsu want to cry too.

"I want to start over."

~~~

"Luce, please please please let me start over." Natsu begged. Lucy didn't answer, but Natsu knew what the answer was.

No.

Lucy shrugged off Natsu, who was getting weaker by the second from rejection. He knew what he'd done wrong, how come she doesn't forgive him? He's seen many chick-flicks from his mom and read enough romance novels to know that usually if the man begged enough, the girl would give in and that would be the end of it.

But, boy, was Natsu wrong.

"No, Natsu. I don't have the phrase 'second chances' in my book." Lucy hissed, random bitterness filling her.

I'm done, I don't know how else to change her mind. Natsu fumed, angry at himself, and made a quick decision.
He swiftly grabbed her and kissed her.

Lucy fought and fought until he guessed that his kiss took her over and she made it deeper. After a minute, they pulled apart, and Lucy glanced at Natsu's lips as if she wanted to kiss them again. Then her eyes widened and she flung back.

"No! I-i-i-i I have a boyfriend! I can't do this--"

"But you just did?" Natsu more wanted a statement than a question tone.

Lucy looked at Natsu and gave him a worried expression. "I'm sorry." Natsu simply sighed in defeat and walked off, knowing he had no other way to convince her.

"What the--" Natsu was then slammed into the ground with a fist and his head spun as he his eyes fluttered closed, a blur of blonde leaning over him until he passed out.

Hey guys, I had literally no idea how to finish this chapter so, yeah, I did end with the most cliche cliffhanger.. but I can't keep you guys hanging ;) I lost a follower a day ago and it hit me in the chest, so I thought it was because I wasn't updating...

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᴥᵔ