➳14➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

He wanted to say something, anything, but he couldn't bring himself to, until he squeaked, "I didn't want to do the bet."

Lucy stared up at him, still on the ground, and choked, "Then why didn't you warn me, asshole?" Natsu swallowed and gave her a look saying "I don't know".

Lucy sniffled and stood up to walk away, but Natsu grabbed her wrist.

"Please.. I mean it when I say it. I'm sorry."

Lucy stood there with stone cold eyes.

Then she relaxed, as if she felt bad for him. Had she forgiven him? Did she notice that he really did love her?

"I'm... Sorry Natsu. But you can't fix some mistakes." She wiped dirt off her skirt and walked away silently.

That night, Natsu depressingly thought his way into sleep.

~~~

Weeks had passed, weeks turned to months, and Natsu didn't talk to Lucy anymore. He started dating Lisanna like he wished, but something just wasn't right. She didn't seem all that he dreamed of. Even if Natsu only dated her for 2 weeks and lost to the dare, he still liked Lucy more than he could like Lisanna. It was complicated. He knew that you can't possibly fall for someone just like that, he didn't believe in love at first sight. So why was Lucy an exception?

He couldn't explain it at all. He didn't understand himself, but he wanted Lucy back.

"Natsu~~" Lisanna sang as she pranced over to her lunch table. Natsu turned to see his girlfriend and faked a smile, knowing that another long 15 minutes of gossiping was barreling his way.

"So, you've heard of that Heartfilia girl, right?" She sat down and unboxed her bento. Well that caught Natsu's attention real quick.

"Y-yeah. What about her?" He sat up straighter and leaned in closer to Lisanna. She looked at him oddly and with a worried expression asked, "Are you okay? Did you guys have a history or something?" Natsu shrugged and replied, "I'm fine. Why'd you bring her up?"

Lisanna hesitantly continued, still glancing at Natsu before easing back into the conversation.

"She started dating your friend Sting. I also heard she got a disease or illness or something."

Natsu clenched his fists and eagerly asked questions. "When did they start dating and what kind of illness?" His heart rate picked up and he started thinking of the worst. Cancer, TB, Depression?

"I think it's some type of heart disease. It's called Corn-something Artery Disease I think,"

Natsu's heart squeezed. Since when did she get a heart disease?

"And she'd been dating sting since yesterday I think." Lisanna finished before taking a sip of her carton of milk.

Natsu stayed quiet for a while before something made him realize what the situation was.

Sting.

Natsu flung out of his chair, making Lisanna choke on her milk in surprise.

"N-Natsu?" She coughed. He burned with anger and went to go find Sting.

That asshole told her.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᵔᴥᵔ