➳FINAL CHAPTER➳

~Previously on HTCAG~

"You can make a girl less stubborn by the way you act. You can't positively change a naïve girl who is lovesick because of you." Natsu let Grays quote sink in before he smiled.

"Yeah..." Natsu said in a dazed tone. Gray chuckled and snatched his Xbox controller back before joining another Rocket League game.

Natsu slapped Gray in the back and thanked him.

"No need to thank me, that's what friends do," Gray turned to Natsu with a serious expression that reminded him of when he would get whooped for not following the rules. "But don't break the bros before hoes, okay?" Natsu nodded in a scared way and swallowed. "Ok..."

~~~

Natsu and Lucy agreed to go to a book store only if Natsu could stop by the Gamestop next door.

With both people happy, they had a great time walking around the stripmall with their books and games in a bag sipping on cherry limeade in styrofoam cups. They laughed and talked about how Levy and Gajeel went on their first date and she fell into a pond where they kissed, how Jellal finally had the balls to ask Erza out.

Then, as they sat down at a park bench, Lucy was quiet before asking, "Why did you want me back so badly?"

Natsu's smile faded as he stared at Lucy's cherry limeade that she was spinning with her straw and he took a minute to answer.

"Because I never intended on hurting you. And you were different than I expected. I promised myself that nobody would get hurt in the process of the bet." They silenced for a while longer before Natsu said, "Do you love me?"

Lucy stopped stirring her cherry limeade and swallowed nervously. What was she going to say? Yes? No? Not yet?

She never answered, so Natsu pushed a little further.

"Lucy. Tell the truth. Do you have feelings for me? If you don't tell me then I'll never know if trying to catch you is worth my while." Natsu angrily, but calmly, urged. Lucy breathed in through her nose, her chest puffing out a little before she answered,

"I don't know. They're mixed feelings," Natsu's heart sunk, but what did he expect from an impossible girl like her? An easy answer? Shit, that would happen when pigs started to fly.

"But, I am growing on you." she whispered. Natsu glanced at her and took her cup out of her hand, setting it down on the side of him before grabbing both her hands and staring into her brown stars.

"Heartfilia, you need to help me. I am not going to give up on you just yet. I'm not an expert on how to catch a girlfriend, but I promise you, I will pretend I am the most professional one out there until you fall for me." Natsu spilled his emotion into one vow and held her hands with two caressing thumbs on each of hers. He stared at her so long without blinking that his eyes hurt, and they watered.

Lucy's eyes watered too, making her purse her lips and break eye contact.

"Natsu I... I don't know how to help you." She regrettably choked. Natsu kept his gaze on her, not satisfied with her answer.

"Give me something, anything." Natsu pleaded harshly. He wasn't satisfied at all. He wanted her to say that she was in love and that she didn't want him to do anything.

"Natsu... "

"Tell me!"

Lucy bit the side of her cheek and hesitantly answered, "I would rather you catch a girlfriend who catches your eyes like I did, and date her for a while to get a feel of what a real relationship is. I don't want to be disappointed. "

Natsu's shoulders stiffened and he let go of her hands.
"Natsu.. "
Lucy went to go hug him, but he pushed her back, not hard enough to hurt her and he grabbed his drink.

"I promise you, I will do exactly that," He said confidently. And he stood up from the bench, Lucy looking up at him with amazement.

"And by college, I will find you and say that I know How to Catch a Girlfriend."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᴥᵔ

;) That's the last last LAST chapter of the book! I really hope you enjoyed, and I hope I didn't end it too soon! But I wanted to make a sudden cliffhanger so I can make a SECOND book! Comment some ideas on what the new book should be called! I take all ideas into consideration :)