➳22➳

~Previously on HTCAG~
"T-thank you." Natsu croaked. He felt something wet splash on his hand and realized he was crying. Who knew I would cry this freaking much over a girl. Natsu thought as he engulfed Lucy in the first real hug they'd had in a while.

"Hey Natsu, I asked the nurses when you get out of the hospital and--" Lily walked in to see Lucy leaning over the bed and Natsu hugging her and he looked at her. "O-oh. Lily, hey." He sheepishly greeted. Lily's eyes darted from the blonde to Natsu, slowly taking in the scene, then shook her head and smiled sadly, "You get out tomorrow.." Lucy squealed and pounced on Natsu, making him grunt and clutch onto her tightly to not tumble off the bed and Lucy muffled through his hospital gown, "You'll be out soon."

Natsu stared at Lily, and she sniffed before leaving. His heart squeezed.

He was in one right knot, and he needed help, and only one person could help him with this.
~~~

"Gray?"

"Yeah?"

Natsu took in a breath through his nose, humiliated that he was asking Gray about relationships.

"Am, I'm kind of in trouble. Could you help me?" A laugh rang through the phone and Natsu yelled, "Shut the hell up! I just need your help man!"

Gray then said through gasps, "Okay okay, your house?" And they agreed.

Natsu had been out of the hospital for 2 weeks now. Lily asked for his number and, out of pity, gave her his number. Since then, they would occasionally text back and forth. He also finally got Lucy's number. A lot of things happened in the last 2 weeks, actually. Another one of those things was breaking up with Lisanna, which she gladly agreed with and supported. She admitted that she was going for the Bixlow guy. That went surprisingly smooth, too.

Bzzznt Bzzznt. Natsu picked up his phone and saw a text from Lucy.

Hey, I'm bored. Mind if we talk until Levy gets to my house?

Natsu smiled and frantically went for the dial button to call her, and she only took 2 seconds flat before answering with a sweet "hello?"

"Hey." Natsu sheepishly said. He was nervous and his stomach turned with butterflies, but he kept his cool.

"So..." He muttered. Lucy groaned and whined, "Don't say that, it just makes conversations even more awkward." Natsu smirked and said a little louder and more strung out, "So~~" He could hear Lucy fuming through the phone as she hissed, "Shut up! It's awkward as hell!" Natsu did it one more time for good measures, and he earned a good threat from Lucy.

"I swear to god, Natsu. Say it again and I'll bitch slap you all the way to The Land of The Free."

Natsu then shut up and waited for Lucy to talk.
"So, how's life in a Dragneel house?"
Natsu shrugged but remembered that she couldn't see through a phone and said, "Not much. Mom and Dad are always somewhere and Wendy, my sister, is a quiet one that keeps to herself. She's pretty independent so not a lot goes on."
Natsu leaned back slightly while holding his feet that were criss-crossed to look out his window from his bed. A girl walked by with her dog, a somewhat old man jogging with headphones, quiet and peaceful.
"Nothing outside either?" Lucy asked, sounding amazed. Natsu said no and she scoffed.

"I'm jealous. It's like a beehive where I live! I can't get a break! I either have homework, friends coming over, babysitting, softball games, all that crap." Natsu laughed and replied, "Maybe we should be like the Princess and the Pauper. Switch places."

"Like anybody wouldn't suspect anything weird." Lucy said doubtfully. Natsu half smiled and randomly muttered, "I like your voice."

The two were silent until a ring came through Natsu's phone.
"Oh, Levy's here, talk to you later bye." And with the quick goodbye, hung up and left Natsu staring out his window with a dead-lined phone up to his ear.

She didn't fully forgive him.

I'm not even going to tell my excuse of not updating. I apologize..
Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᴥᵔ